Micromax A70

Copy pasting a post written by me from another thread. Lazy to type it again

Why haven't you considered Micromax A70?
When it comes to A70 vs O1 - Definitely O1 has an upper hand, but at an expense of 2,000 INR.

Disadvantages of A70 against O1:
--> Battery life on O1 might be better than A70
--> Custom ROM support is non existent or very few for A70.
--> Wifi Bug (Wifi Signal is weak)
--> 256 MB RAM on A70

But A70 costs 2000 INR less than Optimus One.

I've used the device for a day and I've liked it very much. Premium finish, good build quality, nice camera, bright screen and definitely snappy UI experience. Before you buy the O1 @ letsbuy, go to your nearest mobile shop and check out A70.

ivhere said:
Don't Go to Micromax for a smartphone.

I have vary bad experience with Micromax W900.

Instead you must go with a Good Brand. Just increase your budget around 2.5k and get HTC Wildfire.

HTC Wildfire (Phantom Black) : Letsbuy

use coupon code: RCOMLB1 and get it on 9899 after 15% discount.

Thank you brother, but already bought the phone from letsbuy applied the coupon code. waiting for shipment to arrive. you cannot compare HTC wildfire with A70, A70 is in the league of Wildfire S.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

SunnyBoi said:
Ordered from ebay for 6075 :p thanks Supra :p

ordered what? a70?

jijojose79 said:
I still wonder you people are very confident to buy Micromax, is it to use as a backup mobile?

no to port clockworkmod, cyanogen mod 7.1RC1, miui etc etc. so many dreams are there. to run apps to sd script. install linux inside micromax, root it. and what not. but not to use it as phone.

emmarbee said:
Copy pasting a post written by me from another thread. Lazy to type it again

256 MB RAM:D {expected less than it.}

if it is a wifi driver issue then, we are lucky, because bugs can be fixed as patches, apks or in a rom itself. but if it is a hardware issue then we are done for:S

premium fit and finish.:hap2:

SunnyBoi said:
Ordered from ebay for 6075 :p thanks Supra :p

Congrats!!!!!! welcome to elite club of daredevils

Man now tell everybody how you bought this phone from ebay for this price, at least a link..........:cool2:

The cheapest at ebay for Rs.6750/- and coupon if you are having some credit card or so.

Brand New Micromax A70 Android Wifi Mobile Phone,5MP,3G | eBay

^^. Its like asking if Micromax tmr rebranding the ZTE Blade as Micromax as A75....is it reliable ? One needs to research and check out the phone and not just go on branding. A Samsung Galaxy Pop costing 8k is worse than this....but ppl will not understand....its TE here...so we expect ppl just not to follow brands blindly.Of course this phone is not manufactured by Micromax...most probably made by ZTE/Huawei/Foxconn/Commtiva :p.....as per the reviews its well worth at least 6.5k~7k. Only issue as of now seems to be the Wifi...the camera is supposedly quite good.

Anyone sure which OEM phone is this ?

I also ordered one @ 6075/-

Use the ebay link and use an AMEX CC (Ebay Code-- AMEXEBAY01 ---10% off max 750)

jijojose79 said:
@adityadeva:

He doesn't want to use it as a phone. :D

to me the power of android lies not in using it as a phone but to use the data connectivity in my palm. to have a high degree of control over the device I'm having in my pocket/hand. to manipulate the device and push it to the limits. else i'm comfortable with my dual sim Karbonn which was thrown by my son several times and got shattered into pieces and has a broken screen cover.

when I partitioned and installed Cyanogen mod in a samsung galaxy 5, it opened the performance of the phone to new level. I have an option to install ubuntu with lxde desktop into it but the phone does not belong to me;)

so i'm not buying this phone for the sake of a phone but to tinker with it till i have nothing more to do with it then I will use it as a phone.

jijojose79 said:
Any custom mods ?

phone has just touched the market, it may take a few months for guys to bring custom roms

Back