Micromax A70

Its a brand new model with not much reviews around. It would take some time before you can get some user opinions from early adopters or Indian websites like Tech2 or Techtree since this phone wouldnt be reviewed by US or europe websites.

If you are looking for a phone in the 7-8k price range then please state your needs here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/micromax-a70-launched-rs-7-599-a-189002.html -> If you want to keep track of the updates reg. the phone then keep an eye on this thread.

please dont rush and get this thing,

if u want more customization and roms, this one is a bad choice else wait and check for reviews.

Even me waiting to get my little baby "xperia mini pro", but the only thing that holds me is, roms and more customize will be available(planning to get next or within 2 months)

Ok guys....Micromax A70 or Spice MI 310 :p

Both are coming at around the same cost of 6k shipped

Spice MI 310 --- Rs 5999 after 15% RCOMLB1 coupon (letsbuy.com)

Micromax A70 --- rs 6750 - 675 (Idea 10% coupon) = Rs 6075/- (ebay India)

Supra said:
Ok guys....Micromax A70 or Spice MI 310 :p

Both are coming at around the same cost of 6k shipped

Spice MI 310 --- Rs 5999 after 15% RCOMLB1 coupon (letsbuy.com)

Micromax A70 --- rs 6750 - 675 (Idea 10% coupon) = Rs 6075/- (ebay India)

bought a70 for Rs.6619/- after discount of Rs.1000/- coupon RCOMLB1 from letsbuy.com

I'm buying micromax because of a better hardware for the price. a 5 MP camera with a proper driver will defnitely be better than 2 MP of spice. and I'm waiting for a custom ROM which will utilize the full potential of the hardware so after studying for one month, I went in for micromax A70.

Also i've installed cyanogenmod 7.1 madteam port for samsung galaxy 5. and after partitioning the sd card with 2gb ext4 partition the rom size is now around 1.8 GB (actual rom size /internal flash memory of Samsung galaxy 5 is just around 160MB as in case of A70/310).

so go in for a70.

we'll see about the Wifi issue later. let me get the phone first. i'll tell you how good the wifi is. currently i'm typing this from my lap top and wifi modem is in downstairs and there is no line of sight between laptop and modem. I'll check the phone with same settings. also samsung galaxy 5 had difficulty in picking up this wifi and i had to go some what near to the modem.

jijojose79 said:
@adityadeva:thanks for your reply,what is the RAM size?,any info about SAR?

I think it is 256 MB and you can never sell a phone with SAR value more than 2.0 per radio connection. so SAR should not be a issue. especially for keralites who live under mobile towers.

A70 is surely 512MB RAM as far as I have seen online ....the specs r ok for the price...but not sure why its running at 600Mhz when its using a MSM 7227-1 chipset under its hood capable of 800Mhz (as in Galaxy Ace)

Supra said:
A70 is surely 512MB RAM as far as I have seen online ....the specs r ok for the price...but not sure why its running at 600Mhz when its using a MSM 7227-1 chipset under its hood capable of 800Mhz (as in Galaxy Ace)

can you please give the link showing 512 MB of ram in A70.

I saw in gsmarena where people where commenting on the phone. there was a rough reply to one persons query that ram is 256.

Supra pls tell us . If it is 512 MB then I'm really on the top of the heaven even before phone arrives. else I'll confirm from my own experience.

Back