Micromax launches their first ICS 4 tablet

Tablet with 1GB ram costs way over 10K.

You can find Ainol Nova7 Elf and Aurora, that has 1GB ram in it.

Specs-

Allwinner A10

1GB DDR3

8GB onboard memory

IPS panel in Aurora

1024*768 Resolution.

@200mph- Are you sure funbook doesn't have Allwinner chip ??Any link or where you got that info?

Allwinner A10 can be overcloked (1.2-1.5GHZ)

ncarry is totally a bad online site. I still did't got my tab yet. Order on 4th April.

@all- post your problem here. They usually reply within 1 days from posting.

https://www.facebook.com/NcarryIndia

Some information about Tablet SOS

When asked “which tablet suits for me, which one should I buyâ€, my suggestion is: choose the tablet with a solution/processor suits for you, a screen you can accept and a battery life you’re satisfied with. First, let’s have a quick look at the solution fits for your needs.

Three Mainstream Tablet SolutionsAmlogic AML8726, Rockchip RK2918 and Allwinner A10 are widely adopted by tablet manufacturers in the past year 2011. Most 9.7″ Android tablets ship with RK2918 or Allwinner A10, such as the Cube U9GT2 and Onda VI40.

ROVpN.jpg

Allwinner A10

bnmfH.jpg

Amlogic AML8726

JHyXT.jpg

Rockchip RK2918

Brief Introduction

Amlogic AML8726 –

Built in 65nm process - ARM A9 architecture

800MHz main frequency

Mali 400 GPU of 250MHz, supports 1080P decoding.

RK2918 –

Built-in 55nm process - ARM A8 architecture

1.2GHz (currently 1GHz tested) main frequency

GC800 GPU up to 600MHz, supports 1080P decoding.

Allwinner A10 –

Built-in 55nm process - ARM A8 architecture

1.5GHz (currently 1.2GHz tested) main frequency

Mali 400 GPU of 300MHz, supports full formats 2160P decoding.

It can be simply figured out from above specs that although based on more advanced architecture, Amlogic AML8726 lags behind Rockchip RK2918 and Allwinner A10 in CPU, GPU, process and cache, while RK2918 and A10 have their own pros and cons respectively.

RK2918 runs games smoother since it has higher GPU frequency, while A10 has faster CPU than RK2918, therefore, it’s better at browsing the web and running daily software. In addition, Allwinner A10 supports 2160P decoding, although you rarely need to play a 2160P video, A10 is more powerful in video decoding than RK2918. For example, RK2918 tablets can’t play TS or M2TS format HD videos which music fans or professional advertising producers usually need to play, but Allwinner A10 tablets can do it pretty well. Regarding the GPU, Mali 400 has lower frequency than GC800, but Mali 400 is more compatible with gaming apps, so it’s easier to find compatible packets on Mali 400 (Samsung Galaxy SII adopts Mali 400, too). In some cases, it can be very disappointing if it can’t play the game you want at all.

In Conclusion:

Web browsing & Software usage: A10>RK29>AML

Video decoding: A10>AML>RK29

Gaming performance: RK29>A10>AML

Gaming compatibility: A10=AML>RK29

In addition, the heat and power consumption of A10 is better than RK2918. But whether A10 suits for you still depends on your daily use: more gaming, more video playback or mostly Internet browsing? Choose according to your own situations, don’t go along with the advertising of vendors.

Source

Though all winner A10 is looking good on the paper I would prefer a proper & complete review of it including battery life, heating if any, codec support, etc etc.

I won't be comfortable in buying a A10 till I get a review of some devices which are using this processor.

I would request if anyone gets this tab then please review it for us after using it for a few days.
<

Is ncarry a fraud site?? I already given 500rs as cod, and remaining has to paid on getting the device. All review is not good for ncarry, also why micromax used them as official seller?. They should have used Flipkart. 1000 times better than Sh!t ncarry

Is ncarry a fraud site?? I already given 500rs as cod, and remaining has to paid on getting the device. All review is not good for ncarry, also why micromax used them as official seller?. They should have used Flipkart. 1000 times better than Sh!t ncarry

No idea about ncarry buddy never used it.

But you can request for a full refund if they haven't dispatched your order yet.

One of my friend also order funbook from ncarry. After waiting for 6 days, he asked them for refund (rs500). But they said some amount will be deducted and it will take month to refund remaining money. Jeez I think its totally bad online site. Everyone should avoid buying from them.

Buy funbook from ebay

From now on don't buy Micromax Funbook from ncarry

You can order Micromax Funbook from ebay. Here's the link. Within 2 days from listing, 53 pcs already have been sold :shock:

Use 5% discount coupon (JETEBAY001). And get the funbook @ Rs.6165.50.
happy19.gif
)

This code works. See the screenshot
happy19.gif
)

WRpB4.png

a month?? that is too much dude.. though i don't think that ncarry is a scam site, it's actually a venture from 'nimbuzz' instant messenger.. so the site, i think is genuine..

but, they are providing really shitty service.. i've got frustrated dealing with them, posting on their fb wall helped me a lot, thanks amartya for the idea..

i've talked to them a number of times in the day, of course after calling them numerous times.. after so much effort, they agreed to cancel my order and told me that 2.5% will be deducted from the amount, then asked me to send a mail to confirm it, yet to get a reply from them about the cancellation..

and in the whole process, they asked about the reason for my cancellation, i told them that i had ordered twice so don't wanna end up with 2 of the same product, then they interrogated me to tell them the order number of that second funbook, then they asked me to buy another product from the site, i refused again, then they finally told me that 2.5% of the total amount will be deducted.. also, they start by saying that 500bucks will be deducted or that the "cancellation team" deals with the cancellation of the orders which ain't available right now.. they are just like leeches..

it is sites like these which make us realize about the value of flipkart and the likes..

Video Playback on Funbook

[media]http://youtu.be/ZBp9r_KLd4g[/media]

i've talked to them a number of times in the day, of course after calling them numerous times.. after so much effort, they agreed to cancel my order and told me that 2.5% will be deducted from the amount, then asked me to send a mail to confirm it, yet to get a reply from them about the cancellation..

it is sites like these which make us realize about the value of flipkart and the likes..

If i will not get the fb within 2 days, I will also cancel my order. Why 2.5% deduction?? They are just scaming with peoples money

They are just superfaltu .......

Is your name Avishant ??

yeah, that's me..

and well, they are thieves, and when they were bugging me on the phone, i juts quoted all the rules written on the site, that in the worst case, you can deduct 2.5% and that's plain and simple, just cancel the order and return my money..

^^Yes, you've done right thing . I will also not wait long. Ebay, letsbuy and Flipkart is let better than bloodsucking ncarry

Here's there address of ncarry. Anybody living in Delhi or Noida can contact them.

nCarry.com (Nimbuzz Internet India Pvt Ltd)

D&E - 402, 4th Level, Centrum Plaza,

DLF Golf Course Road, Sector 53,

Gurgaon, Haryana 122002

Guys still I don't receive the package.

See the screenshot

9YWhs.png

cancel it then, and let's be confirmed before ordering it again.. if the chip is really allwinner or another..

Yeah I am sending them mail regarding cancelling of order as they didn't receiveing the call. From now on I will never trust seller other than Flipkart, letsbuy and ebay.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf0zMFHR6w[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrZyhvbvRos

http://youtu.be/WMIEDtJYKPw

Uff finally ncarry replied my mail with Aremex shipping number. I am so relieved
<

Here's the written review

First Look: Hands on with Micromax Funbook - Micromax Funbook review - Know Your Mobile India

http://youtu.be/Za7dgtzmCsM

So anyone got their Funbook yet? I have read some reviews and as per them the screen display is not good and the device lags sometime. Can anyone update on the screen quality if they have used it in person.

Back