Micromax YU Yuphoria launched in India for 6999

Registrations are opened now
uploadfromtaptalk1431438328830.png

2hYYSpc.jpg

yu-yuphoria-2.jpg
Micromax’s YU launched YUPHORIA, the company’s second YU branded smartphone as expected. It has a 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with a screen-to-body ratio of 67.1%, is powered by a Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and runs on Cyanogen OS 12 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It features a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a metal frame that will give the smartphone a premium feel, says the company. The company has filed 4 patents for the smartphone and the smartphone is assembled in India.

It has 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot and packs a 2230mAh battery. It has Cat4. LTE support, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India. It has Cirrus Logic Wolfson Stereo DAC chipset for enhanced audio experience.

Specifications:
  • 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS Fully Laminated display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
  • 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
  • 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
  • Dual SIM
  • CyanogenMod OS 12 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
  • 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, OmniVision OV8865 sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
  • 5MP front-facing camera, 4P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 86-degree wide-angle lens
  • Dimensions: 142.38 x 72.96 x 8.25mm; Weight: 143g
  • 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
  • 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
  • 2230mAh battery
Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/14035...agon-410-soc-4g-lte-launched-for-rs-6999.html

Attachments

• Amazon_Yuphoria_02._V304345198_.jpg
    Amazon_Yuphoria_02._V304345198_.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Amazon_Yuphoria.jpg
    Amazon_Yuphoria.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Its a good phone for the price, (I like that metal ring and stuff, but i doubt if the ring would prevent the screen from breaking when dropped)
maybe not as market changing as the Yureka, but much better in specs nonetheless than any phone available at that price range. (better than Redmi 2 at least)
dunno why it is getting so much hate on youtube and other forums,
probably because people were expecting a phone better than Yureka.

Gsmarena says that the yuphoria packs a wolfson audio chip inside!! I am very surprised that I didnt see that advertised at all.

Now I feel like buying one, just to try it out. SD410 + 2Gb ram + cyanogen , cant be bad at all for 7k. :woot:

Its better than Redmi 2 and Moto E, but not as "Ground Breaking" as hyped.
But this may be the cheapest cell with 2GB RAM 16GB storage and not to mention Cyanogenmod OS.

Gsmarena says that the yuphoria packs a wolfson audio chip inside!! I am very surprised that I didnt see that advertised at all.

Now I feel like buying one, just to try it out. SD410 + 2Gb ram + cyanogen , cant be bad at all for 7k. :woot:
Its a good phone for the price,
but its biggest problem is that Yureka is available for just 2K more.

I think there is an Intex phone with 2GB RAM which costs around 8k.

And this phone is to be manufactured in China initially. Later they may move the production to India.

What about the first sub10k phone to have Cyanogen OOB. What about 16GB storage at that price.
Not groundbreaking.

EDIT: I was wrong about the lack of expandable storage.

This looks to be way better than its competition. The Lenovo A6000+ costs 7.5k, while the Redmi 2 has half the RAM.

Last edited:
Back