Micromax YU Yuphoria launched in India for 6999

What about the first sub10k phone to have Cyanogen OOB. What about 16GB storage at that price.
Not groundbreaking.
Uhm the first sub 10k Cyanogen 2GB 16GB phone would be Yureka
and its only 2k more than this.
Don't get me wrong, these are great specs for the price,
but I'm afraid Yureka for 2K more makes more sense, unless MMX released Yureka just as a trailer and plans to discontinue it like Xiaomi did with Mi3
The ground was already broken by its bigger brother, so I guess we were expecting more bang from this.

you want raw specs go for Yureka

you want decent specs but premium looks go for Yuphoria

No-one pointed out to the low battery life it has.
Not low at all. Its Direct competitor Lenovo 6000+ has 2200mAh battery. Although, lenovo claims its 2300 but its not.

Lenovo 6000 lasts 1 day easily on 3G mode, so should yuphoria assuming its well optimised as claimed.

Uhm the first sub 10k Cyanogen 2GB 16GB phone would be Yureka
and its only 2k more than this.
Don't get me wrong, these are great specs for the price,
but I'm afraid Yureka for 2K more makes more sense, unless MMX released Yureka just as a trailer and plans to discontinue it like Xiaomi did with Mi3
The ground was already broken by its bigger brother, so I guess we were expecting more bang from this.

you want raw specs go for Yureka

you want decent specs but premium looks go for Yuphoria

I don't mean to sound condescending, but other than SD615 vs SD410, what's better on the Yureka? I've extensively used a friend's Yureka and it had one of the worst cameras (both front and back) I've seen in recent 6k+ phones. I'm hoping the Yuphoria will have a better camera since it can't get any worse. For everything else, they seem even and I would even give the edge to the Yuphoria for the smaller, thus manageble and higher pixel density display.

I've extensively used a friend's Yureka and it had one of the worst cameras (both front and back) I've seen in recent 6k+ phones..
The Camera of Yureka is good (very good in my opinion).
However the default Cyanogen Camera app that comes bundled/installed on the phone is the main culprit for the atrocious performance.
Install any other camera app like Vignette camera and see.

The Camera of Yureka is good (very good in my opinion).
However the default Cyanogen Camera app that comes bundled/installed on the phone is the main culprit for the atrocious performance.
Install any other camera app like Vignette camera and see.
I'll take your word for it. Will report after trying other camera apps on it.

Btw, from initial reports, it seems that the Yuphoria has screen and camera issues too.

Also better than Lenovo A6000 plus. How is their after sales service?

These are all use and throw phones. Anybody expecting ASS out of MMX would be be disappointed. You might get it if you are lucky, but don't count on it.

And thats not "groundbreaking"? o_O

Why would it be ground breaking? Its just a minor tweak on other existing SD 410 phones and I hardly think it would hold any little edge it has for even a month. The price is hardly ground breaking either. I am pretty sure you can get cheaper phones with similar hardware from the china.

Also, I would consider Cyanogen OS itself to be a negative point in any phone. Regardless of how good or bad the software is, I have a hard time relying on software from a company that makes or breaks its contracts and obligations to their clients and the customers at their whims and fancy.

Secondly, I read that its Made in India which I assume means that the final assembly is done in India. I would much rather believe in the quality of a product fully made and assembled in China than one with was handled in India.

I will start celebrating the MMX phones once they improve their after sales service.

i had registered myself for its day-1 sale itself, but then chose to purchase Lenovo A6000+ instead (phone was for my father), given the infamous service from MMX.

Don't expect ASS out of MMX . Coming from a disgruntled micromax a110 user . When you go to MMX AAS they will kick you in the ASS [emoji14]

MMX disservice-personnel it seems sometimes strive to go out of their way and beyond your expectations (of getting poor service) to torment you. a prime example of this at one of the MMX ASH (After Sales Harassment) centres:

MMX disservice-personnel it seems sometimes strive to go out of their way and beyond your expectations (of getting poor service) to torment you. a prime example of this at one of the MMX ASH (After Sales Harassment) centres:

Tell this to yuphoria, oneplusone etc fans. They think that others who buy established brands like samsung, sony, apple etc over these chinese products are idiots.

ASS and quality are the primary reason why people buy branded products.

These Companies outsource after sales, Such behavior is expected at some or the other point. Agreed on the part why people still buy crappy speced sam phones, End of day its ASS.

i myself am thinking of buying the yu yuphoria now. need a budget phone with either vanilla android or cyanogenmod. ofcourse sacrificing the service-aspect for that.

i myself am thinking of buying the yu yuphoria now. need a budget phone with either vanilla android or cyanogenmod. ofcourse sacrificing the service-aspect for that.
Then why not spend some more and buy the yu yureka plus ? It has a full HD screen .
And now comes with stock Android .
Maybe heating issues are resolved too ...

Then why not spend some more and buy the yu yureka plus ? It has a full HD screen .
And now comes with stock Android .
Maybe heating issues are resolved too ...
i haven't spared efforts to research yet, as there is still 2-3 weeks of time prior the purchase. but will read about this. thanks!

@ankushv - read about a couple of phones y'day. inclined to buy the yu yureka plus. meizu m2 note, phicomm passion 66, etc. also look enticing, but want to stay with stock android as far as possible. any other worthy competitors to this model? how does moto g3 fare in comparison to the YYP, any idea? albeit its costlier. :yuck:

P.S. - and yes, yu yuphoria on android. suggested?

Last edited:
@ankushv - read about a couple of phones y'day. inclined to buy the yu yureka plus. meizu m2 note, phicomm passion 66, etc. also look enticing, but want to stay with stock android as far as possible. any other worthy competitors to this model? how does moto g3 fare in comparison to the YYP, any idea? albeit its costlier. :yuck:

P.S. - and yes, yu yuphoria on android. suggested?
Coolpad Note 3 from Amazon

Back