Microsoft introduces Free, Web-based Office

I guess this is only for lucky guys with a unlimited connection.

How well does it actually work with a 256 Kbps connection?

Emil said:
I guess this is only for lucky guys with a unlimited connection.
How well does it actually work with a 256 Kbps connection?

+1 the more faster internet conn you have the better...

I don't think you will be needing a really fast Internet connection for using this. Coz they are allowing only a few basic editing options. Coz they are M$. "Show me the money!" :p

On a more serious note, if Google Docs can run things smoothly, then they too should be able to do so. Specially because they are trying to compete with Google Docs.

Personally I prefer Office live when compared to Google docs, But the sharing of docs in Google docs is simply brilliant. Office Live however has support for docx, pptx etc formats.

^^ I was using Google Docs to share pdf's, but I have run into sharing permission difficulties and have found that Adobe's Acrobat.com is better for sharing pdf documents ;)

Havent you guys heard of alternate web applications yet? Check out Zoho.com , thinkfree.com for office and other related web applications. I have yet to see MS office live but the one i have mentioned are simply awesome and i have been using them for months now.

Firefox4 said:
I don't think you will be needing a really fast Internet connection for using this. Coz they are allowing only a few basic editing options. Coz they are M$. "Show me the money!" :p

On a more serious note, if Google Docs can run things smoothly, then they too should be able to do so. Specially because they are trying to compete with Google Docs.

I did not mention fast internet connection myself. I brought up this point because I guess people like me who have data download limited connections wouldn't want to waste our download limit by using this.

Back