Microsoft introduces Free, Web-based Office

Emil

Skilled
Nov 10, 2005
Mumbai
I guess this is only for lucky guys with a unlimited connection.

How well does it actually work with a 256 Kbps connection?

sri_k

Adept
Jan 18, 2008
Emil said:
I guess this is only for lucky guys with a unlimited connection.
How well does it actually work with a 256 Kbps connection?

+1 the more faster internet conn you have the better...

Firefox4

Disciple
Jul 11, 2009
I don't think you will be needing a really fast Internet connection for using this. Coz they are allowing only a few basic editing options. Coz they are M$. "Show me the money!" :p

On a more serious note, if Google Docs can run things smoothly, then they too should be able to do so. Specially because they are trying to compete with Google Docs.

DanDroiD

Skilled
Apr 17, 2007
^^ I was using Google Docs to share pdf's, but I have run into sharing permission difficulties and have found that Adobe's Acrobat.com is better for sharing pdf documents ;)

Harpy.eagle

Adept
May 22, 2008
Havent you guys heard of alternate web applications yet? Check out Zoho.com , thinkfree.com for office and other related web applications. I have yet to see MS office live but the one i have mentioned are simply awesome and i have been using them for months now.

Emil

Skilled
Nov 10, 2005
Mumbai
Firefox4 said:
I don't think you will be needing a really fast Internet connection for using this. Coz they are allowing only a few basic editing options. Coz they are M$. "Show me the money!" :p

On a more serious note, if Google Docs can run things smoothly, then they too should be able to do so. Specially because they are trying to compete with Google Docs.

I did not mention fast internet connection myself. I brought up this point because I guess people like me who have data download limited connections wouldn't want to waste our download limit by using this.