Microsoft : Upgraded Motherboard = New Licence

Hey i guess this is intopic , check out a lawyers perspective of the older vresion of the Windows XP EULA decrypted and explained. Decrypts each and every chunky legal schmegal para into plain english . would be good if he keeps updating it :)

i especially like this one :
If Microsoft chooses, they may pay you for any damages, but never more than the amount you paid for software (and curiously, never less than $5).

So if you wanna make aa quick $5, get a lawyer friend and sue them for not telling you about this before u got ur new mobo ;)

PS: are you surprised it was a linux peer site that did it ....nah ! :D

Actually, this news is no big deal. Microsoft is quite friendly with customers, you just gotta be a smooth talker to get by this "restriction" (REALLY!)

I second that..I installed the OEM copy that came with my Compaq laptop on a friends' Acer (which came with Linux) , and when activation time came, I Just called up the Bangalore CC number, and sweet talked em into divulging the key :bleh:

BUt still even if we can get them to uh....divulge the key by sweet talking(no offense)....it doesn't mean that what they're doin if gud.....That's really pathetic infact....just hope they don't get crazy ideas abt this and Retail versions...

Back