PC Peripherals Microtek Heritage UPS battery change. Help !

karthikus

Disciple
Hi Guyz ! My UPS has run outta battery ! My query is whether i can buy a new battery and change it by myself. Is it so difficult and risky ? Can anyone suggest me some good batteries ?
If anyone can share me some screens of the ups cover removed will definitely help a lot !!

dude, if you wanna be on the safe side, just call the microtek customer care and ask then for a battery check.. i tried changing the battery myself and due to wrong connections, i lost my ups permanently plus the loss of new battery which is kept useless in my home.. i had to buy a new ups after that..

anyways, just call them, they will charge just 600bucks (last i checked it was 600), come to your home and replace your battery with a new one.. hassle free, without risk and cheap..

hope it helped.

I called up microtek they said that if my ups s under warranty they ll come to my home to change the battery but unfortunately warranty is gone long ago . What shall i do now?

Its pretty easy dude. Just get hold of 12 volt 7AH battery. It should cost somewhere around 700 rupees. Go for Exide powersafe or WEP. Just remove the screws, disconnect the terminal pins from your old battery. The positive terminal will be marked in Red and you will find a Red wire connected to it from the UPS circuit board. The negative ones with a black wire.

Infact i have one Microtek heritage lying unused... infact i use a chinese battery which is good even now though i never use it... Just give a try.. you cannot mess things around...

karthikus said:
I called up microtek they said that if my ups s under warranty they ll come to my home to change the battery but unfortunately warranty is gone long ago . What shall i do now?

when i had asked them, the guy told me about the battery replacement thing even if the ups is outa warranty, don't know what's the procedure now..

and anyways, if you're going to change the battery by yourself, just be careful..

karthikus said:
Best battery ???? and where can i get it in chennai

where are you put up in chennai. Any electronics store or a Battery shop will have these batteries. If you need help just PM me, i can guide you over the phone on how to change the batteries. Why do you want to spend some service charge to the microtek guys for a procedure which is really easy

kishore.chander said:
where are you put up in chennai. Any electronics store or a Battery shop will have these batteries. If you need help just PM me, i can guide you over the phone on how to change the batteries. Why do you want to spend some service charge to the microtek guys for a procedure which is really easy
Thts why i love this forum. People ready to offer all sorts of help! THanks Kishore. And is there any config with which i should get a new battery(like voltage) ? And which brand should i settle for ?

karthikus said:
Thts why i love this forum. People ready to offer all sorts of help! THanks Kishore. And is there any config with which i should get a new battery(like voltage) ? And which brand should i settle for ?

Hey Karthikus, i am sorry i did not check the thread. You can settle for Exide powersafe or WEP. both are real good brands. Just PM me, we can take it up from there.

Back