Mid End gaming rig......plss help!!!

Dude playing songs is better on a 2.1 setup, simply because even Stereoscopic sound has not gone to the level that all 4 ( sub driver channels apart from woofer ), are able to give you a distinct sound ( except if you are speaking of High end speakers like BOSE, Logitech Z series, Creative Gigaworks series ) all the mentioned setups are going to setback the OP by about 15K minimum and I don't think that is his point, + OP has specifically mentioned gaming rig, not HTPC setup so he won't feel the loss of the extra 3 channels in my view, this is just my Point Of View,

Also the cheaper Creative T6100 and similar speaker systems start jarring after their volume is pumped up beyond 50%

A gaming rig can also be used as htpc..Have you ever heard sound in 5.1 with a sound card ? Human ears are very sensitive it is good to listen around 40% volume . . Y u want to crank up to 70% or more. . Even 2.1 will sound like shit when you make it squeel. . When 5.1 not in use you can use it to your dvd system too. . Will never be a waste. . I have a mercury 2.1 classic master piece. Creative sbs 2.1. Creative inspire 4.1 . Creative cambridge 5.1 [white coloured ones not available now Damn old almost 8years still rocks thanks to ma bro] so dont tell me bout speakers. .

kaneunderground said:
A gaming rig can also be used as htpc..Have you ever heard sound in 5.1 with a sound card ? Human ears are very sensitive it is good to listen around 40% volume . . Y u want to crank up to 70% or more. . Even 2.1 will sound like shit when you make it squeel. . When 5.1 not in use you can use it to your dvd system too. . Will never be a waste. . I have a mercury 2.1 classic master piece. Creative sbs 2.1. Creative inspire 4.1 . Creative cambridge 5.1 [white coloured ones not available now Damn old almost 8years still rocks thanks to ma bro] so dont tell me bout speakers. .
Have you alocatted the budget for Sound Card... No, do you think all DVD rips you torrent from net support 5.1 surround sound... No, do you think if this guy buys a Creative T 6100 or similar 5.1 channel system he will always keep volume at 40%, bro I don't know a lot about sound systems or how they work, but my ears tell me that a Logitech Z 4 ( 5K ) or Altec Lansing 5021 ( 6K ) systems easily trounce something like the Creative sub-3K 5.1 setups which according to you sound divine at 50% these can go all the way to 100% volume and that is with on board sound solution, a decent ASUS Xonar or Creative X-Fi chip which adds up 5K more to the arena can make these speakers cost effective audiophile stuff, leave this for the OP to decide if he wants a 5.1 setup or a 2.1 .

Logitech Z-4 Review

Altec Lansing MX5021 Review - Page 1 - Introduction & Contents

Creative Inspire T6100 Reviews

kaneunderground said:
A 5.1 channel can also be used as 2.1 if m not wrong. . 5.1 is always good for watching movies n playing songs.. Once u buy 2.1 u cant upgrade the same to 5.1 unless u sell 2.1 [again no resale values] but viceversa is possible.. Buy a sound card later. .
I think he means one could configure the 5.1 speakers to play in stereo mode.
This way all channels will be active and the overall sound quality would be better than an 2.1 speaker.
I too have configured my 4.1 in stereo mode and my volume level has hardly crossed 22%.
Since there are 4 channels active, the overall experience is much more filling compared to a 2.1 speaker system.

princeoo7 said:
how much does a decent soundcard cost????
aROUND 3k FOR AN ENTRY lvl ASUS Xonar series card but you need to couple them with a decent set of speakers to get the desired effect, and I don't mean Creative sub 5K stuff, you need to have something like the Logitech Z-series or Altec Lansing MX-series

firebull said:
please suggest me a mobo with all modern features like usb 3, sata 6gb/s, and stuff...........
The ASUS P55 E that l33t has suggested you has all the requisite technology you are looking for

Hope this helps :)

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Intel Core i5 2400 9500
Motherboard Asus P8H67 M LE 6500
RAM Corsair XMS3 4GB 1600MHz single stick 2400
HDD 1 TB Seagate 7200.12 2700
GPU HIS/MSI HD6850 1GB GDDR5 11000
Monitor Samsung B2230 7800
Cabinet NZXT Gamma 2200
PSU/SMPS Corsair VX450 3500
Key Board Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 1100
Mouse Logitech MX 518/ Razer Death Adder 1250
Mouse pad RantoPad H3 300
ODD L.G./Samung/ SOny OEM SATA DVD-Writer 900
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
Total 50800

• Since you dont want to OC the i5 2400+ H67 makes sense.
  • Since the Asus mobo has only 2 RAM slots go for a single 2GB stick now and 2GB later.
  • If you need a Nvidia alternative then you can go for the MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB GDDR5 ~ 10.8k. Plus if the GTX460 i would suggest the Corsair VX550 - 4.7k for more upgrading headroom in the future.
  • Since you have some more cash left you can also consider the Benq G2420HD ~ 10.8k.
  • You can also skimp on the KB+Mouse if you feel its expensive and go for a simple Logitech MMKB + Gigayte 6880 - 1.1k

Back