PC Peripherals Mid range Gaming PC (50k), suggestions required.

So, Following is the config that so far (somehow)fits in my budget :ashamed:. Please ignore the keyboard/mouse selection , I'll just pick up any set that feels comfy.

3617037668_74a6be991e_o.png

Is there a possibility of saving money reducing unnecessary expense and go for a better graphic card like GTX 275 @ 13.k ? :)

Dark Star said:
^^Its 6k..
6k !! Where? I am listin approx prices from http://www.theitwares.com.

1. Processor - Perfect .. Pricing should be 7.5k

2. Board : More than decent .. Pricing should be 5.5-6k..

3. Transcend PSC is good if you want low end chips : 1.2k ?

4 . Graphics card : ATI HD4770 makes moer sense.. Lowe power consumption, 40nm runs cooler .. Price - 6.5k

5. Display | HDD = Looks ok.. Try and get the WD Black Edition if possible..

6. Samsung 22X DVD writer . . 1.2k ..

7. Stay awway from Extreme line up of cooler master .. Get Corsair VX 450 ~4k or CX 400 .. 3.2k

8. Cabinet seems to be nice but not very roomy .. Spend in Antec 300 .. ~3.4k or CM590 3.7k ..

9 . Kb/Mouse - Personal choice and preferneces..

^^ Thx for the detailed reply,

4. Graphics card i have chosen is the 4850 Super sonic DDR5 which performs little less than stock 4870. (Fudzilla - Gainward HD4850 GS 1024MB GDDR3 vs. HD4850 GS GLH GDDR5 refer Gainward 4850 GS GLH) .

The card has 512 ddr5(which fails to perform similar to 1GB contenders on high resolutions) and i wont be able to play above 1440x900 as that is the max res of monitor I am planning to buy.

Although 4770 is a great card but I wont like to go below the 4850 super sonic. GTX 260 and 275 OC look like great choices :) .

7. Will the 450W power supply do the job properly ? I was planning to get at least a 600W. I have no experiences with coolermaster or corsair PSU, so I'll go with your advice.

"Stay awway from Extreme line up.." is there some common fault with this series ?

8. Antec 300 looks simple and suitable.

4770 isnt available anywhere and not anytime soon also...
Even in newegg every brand is out of stock..
i think board partners will try to fill up demand in bigger markets like US before shipping to INDIA...
4850 gs glh is a good option provided you can find it at that price..
but Gainward is now owned by Palit.. so i guess gainward is also plagued by palit problems..
And i read that Palit is mighty pissed with Ati coz of this GS GLH model that is nearly equivalent to a 4870(Ati chided Palit for deviating from design specs) and AMD giving preference to Sapphire and HIS before Palit.
Dunno if Palit may stop selling Ati.. If so RMA will be hard...
You can go for Sapphire 4850 Vapor-X.. Goodlooking card IMO and Sapphire is getting better every day.. The new Vapor-X cards are really good... Better capacitors and chokes being used now...
Just my suggestion...
BTW dont go for CM extremepower 600w... Definitely Corsair CX 400(If you are buying 4850 and lower) and VX 450(if buying above 4850)

Thx , read about the CoolerMaster EP 600 , its crap. VX 450 seem to be good choice , will it be able to handle GTX 275 setup ? How is GlacialPower 650W?

Checked prices in Pune , idiotically insane prices and some shop owners even don't know about the specific brands i asked for and were offering cheap(in quality) hardware for prices even more than the high quality components. :mad:

pavasedge said:
Glacial Power 650W is very good.

The AA version is good- not the A version. You are in a tech forum for crying out loud- be specific or else people will end up buying a bad product because of the advice you have given.

tarey_g said:
^^ thx for telling the difference, GP-AL650AA is the code btw ?

Code number? If you are referring to model number? Yes. Just to set a disclaimer the product is good and its a CWT OEM with 18AWG wiring with 80+% efficiency on around 47 degrees celcius as reported by hardware secret reviews (if you want the link, google for it- can't miss it) with 5 years warranty, How good is the warranty support in India is unknown. When I say unknown, I am not saying its a bad thing. No1 reported any issues due to manufacturing flaw so its hard to tell anything about the replacement policy. Make decisions accordingly.

Ahh, finding desired parts is tough job if you are not in Mumbai/Delhi. :(

I have finalized my config, now no more variations :)

AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE (Available)

Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H AMD 780G + SB700 Chipset (Available)

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (Only this is available)

GTX 260, 216 core 894MB(Available Galaxy, i hope this brand is good)

Samsung 2033W (8000/-) or AOC FOVI 22 (9000/- incl tax) - Help me choose

Western Digital Sata 2 1 Terabyte (32 MB Buffer) (Available at insane prices in Pune, will get from TE dealer)

LG 20x Sata (Available)

PSU : Corsair 750W is available(but not needed) , TAGAN 500W (Available, how is it, will it handle the PC config ?)

Chassis/mouse/keyboard - will choose from whatever is available on the shop.

Didn't know assembling desired PC will be so hard. If I buy anything from TE dealers how do i claim for warranty of certain product when it goes bad ?

tarey_g said:
Ahh, finding desired parts is tough job if you are not in Mumbai/Delhi. :(
I have finalized my config, now no more variations :)

AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE (Available)
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H AMD 780G + SB700 Chipset (Available)
Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (Only this is available)
GTX 260, 216 core 894MB(Available Galaxy, i hope this brand is good)
Samsung 2033W (8000/-) or AOC FOVI 22 (9000/- incl tax) - Help me choose
Western Digital Sata 2 1 Terabyte (32 MB Buffer) (Available at insane prices in Pune, will get from TE dealer)
LG 20x Sata (Available)
PSU : Corsair 750W is available(but not needed) , TAGAN 500W (Available, how is it, will it handle the PC config ?)

Chassis/mouse/keyboard - will choose from whatever is available on the shop.

Didn't know assembling desired PC will be so hard. If I buy anything from TE dealers how do i claim for warranty of certain product when it goes bad ?

GEt Corsair TX650 !! phenom 2 940 & GTX 260 takes more power

Galaxy is nice brand for Nvidia !! their 8800ultra is famous one

get samsung LCd 20" it is myst LCD

Got the PC :clap: !

Just one problem, even after reminding over 100 times to the dealer that I need GP AL650AA PS he still got GP AL650A :no: .

I have taken the PSU, read some reviews on the GP AL650A and they are good. I want to know the difference between the AA and A version, anyone ..:huh:

Processor AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE

MotherBoard ASUS M3N-H/HDMI

Memory Corsair DDR2 800MhZ CM2X2048-6400C5/ XMS2 2x2

GFX Card Galaxy GTX 260, 216 core 894MB

Display Viewsonic VX2240

HDD Western Digital Sata 2 500 GB (32 MB Buffer)

Optical Drive LG 20x Sata

PSU GlacialPower 650W (GP-AL650A)

Chassis CoolerMaster CM-690

Mouse Logitech Optical

Keyboard Logitech Multimedia

Total damage was around 52.5k, Pune prices :ashamed:. Still happy :eek:hyeah:

Prices are ok. Sorcy can help you with the PSU. He knows a lot about these two models. let him come with his wand. :p

Back