mid range gamming pc

abc_xyz

Recruit
  1. Q: What is your budget?
    1. 40K
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    1. CPU - AMD X2 240
    2. Motherboard - Biostar TA785GE 128M
    3. GPU - on-board
    4. RAM - Kingston 2X1GB
    5. Monitor - old 2008 model 17inch CRT
    6. SMPS - Gigabyte Superb 360W
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. nothing,want a whole new configuraion(without Monitor)
  4. For Monitor i think i will be using my tv set a Sony Bravia KLV-22EX300 LCD TV

5. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    1. i've not decided on anything
    2. amd or intel both works for me
    3. mention a good GPU,RAM n a NZXT gamma cabinate is not avaliable in CTC so mention any other!!!
  6. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    1. No, i will not upgrade for next 2years
  7. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    1. Hyderabad(CTC)
    2. No! for online shopping
  8. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    1. No
  9. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    1. Mid Range Gaming(need not be at full resolution and not at max FPS, the games should run without any LAG n with some detailing would be fine for me!!)
    2. I use software such as Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe After Effects for editing.
    3. Browsing
    4. NO! to HD movies
  10. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    1. No nothing like that..
  11. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    1. Prince of Persia
    2. Left 4 Dead
    3. Assassins Creed
    4. Crysis
    5. Call of Duty MW, Black Ops
    6. Battlefield
    7. Americas Army 3.0 etc
  12. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. as ive decided to use my TV set as my monitor dont know about the resolution,so you guys tell me the best resolution?
    2. Gaming -
    3. Desktop -
  13. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    1. No
  14. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    1. Windows 7 or
    2. Windows XP

thank you n did i miss anything!!!

What is the size of your TV Sire that will determine its native resolution.

Apart from that the components I would recommend are --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~9500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/- [try to buy at-least 2 sticks if your budget permits]

nVidia GTX 560 Ti ~12900/- [as you are going to use softwares like Adobe Photoshop, nVidia's plug-ins will come in handy]

I hope you have an old hard drive from your previous PC, else buy a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~5500/-

Corsair VX 550W ~4500/-

BitFenix Merc Alpha ~2500/- [I think Shweta Peripherals stock the BitFenix line of cabinets] OR Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-

Logitech G300 ~1300/- OR Logitech G400 ~1600/-

Logitech multimedia keyboard ~450/-

APC BR700VA-IN ~ contact APC for pricing on this.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

What is the size of your TV Sire that will determine its native resolution.

Apart from that the components I would recommend are --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~9500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/- [try to buy at-least 2 sticks if your budget permits]

nVidia GTX 560 Ti ~12900/- [as you are going to use softwares like Adobe Photoshop, nVidia's plug-ins will come in handy]

I hope you have an old hard drive from your previous PC, else buy a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB ~5500/-

Corsair VX 550W ~4500/-

BitFenix Merc Alpha ~2500/- [I think Shweta Peripherals stock the BitFenix line of cabinets] OR Cooler Master eLite 430 ~2700/-

Logitech G300 ~1300/- OR Logitech G400 ~1600/-

Logitech multimedia keyboard ~450/-

APC BR700VA-IN ~ contact APC for pricing on this.

thank for the reply,i would like to say few things

first of all my TV is 22inches LCD

and im not a Pro in Adobe Photoshop n After Effects softwares i just use them casually so even an ATi would be sufficeint(what i mean is,is there any ATi card which performs better than nVidia GTX 560 Ti under the 13k price???) because it is going over 44,000

and can i get a decent Gigabyte Mobo at that price???

all other components are fine

i forgot to ask this in my 1st post

I also need a Headset with Mic under 1k.

now im buying a new rig so i just want to upgrade my old pc ,so that my cousin can use it for gamming

spec
  • CPU - AMD X2 240
  • Motherboard - Biostar TA785GE 128M
  • GPU - on-board
  • RAM - Kingston 2X1GB
  • Monitor - old 2008 model 17inch CRT
  • SMPS - Gigabyte Superb 360W

the budget is 20k

i would like toupgrade a new GPU CPU n RAM(if i need to upgrade anything else please mention)!! please suggest this to

thank you

and im not a Pro in Adobe Photoshop n After Effects softwares i just use them casually so even an ATi would be sufficeint(what i mean is,is there any ATi card which performs better than nVidia GTX 560 Ti under the 13k price???) because it is going over 44,000

Go for the nVidia GTX 560 Ti minimum because as it is you are buying components in the middle of an upheaval where older generation cards are being replaced by newer cards. If you can compromise go for the nVidia GTX 560 [non-Ti] ~10500/-.

And replace the Corsair SMPS with the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- if you can acquire the latter in Hyderabad.

Get this UPS APC BR650VA-IN ~2600/-.

and can i get a decent Gigabyte Mobo at that price???

Not with as many features that are on offer with the Intel motherboard.

Extend your budget a little and grab the Ozone Attack Gaming headset ~1700/-, they are a decent buy and really comfortable to use in the long run, here is a review for the same --> http://www.techencla...ead-set-review/ / http://www.overclock...e_spark_attack/.

now im buying a new rig so i just want to upgrade my old pc ,so that my cousin can use it for gammingCPU - AMD X2 240
  • GPU - on-board
  • RAM - Kingston 2X1GB

the budget is 20k

i would like toupgrade a new GPU CPU n RAM(if i need to upgrade anything else please mention)!!

What games will your cousin play?

Hope the above helps, Cheers!!

Extend your budget a little and grab the Ozone Attack Gaming headset ~1700/-, they are a decent buy and really comfortable to use in the long run, here is a review for the same --> http://www.techencla...ead-set-review/ / http://www.overclock...e_spark_attack/.

in CTC no one ever heard about this headset ,i think i should buy this Online n btw it is only 1k to 1.2k for headset!!suggest any other

now im buying a new rig so i just want to upgrade my old pc ,so that my cousin can use it for gammingCPU - AMD X2 240
  • GPU - on-board
  • RAM - Kingston 2X1GB

the budget is 20k

i would like toupgrade a new GPU CPU n RAM(if i need to upgrade anything else please mention)!!

almost the same games which i mentioned in my 1st post

Hey bro that Intel board is really a good board, if u r unsatisfied with Intel means try out something like Asus, Msi or biostar.

check this board

Biostar TH67B - 4700/-

see apart from that Intel board for that price there is no other good spec available.

if u stretch ur budget means u can get a good board in gigabyte

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA

But it will cost around 10k.

so u better choose that Intel board, what Alpha suggested.

check this board

Biostar TH67B - 4700/-

You do realize that BioSTAR hasn't got a pan-India service network on the lines of Gigabyte, MSi and Sapphire so incase the motherboard goes kaput OP is stuck.

Sorry it seems they have the appropriate infrastructure --> BioSTAR.

see apart from that Intel board for that price there is no other good spec available.

if u stretch ur budget means u can get a good board in gigabyte

Gigabyte GA-Z68MA,
cost around 10k.

Expensive and OP has already clarified he doesn't intend to over-clock. Also if he changes his mind at this stage I will recommend an ASUS Z77 motherboard primarily because of its better UEFI.

and is this approving the first 5posts by a mod so important ???

snapback.png
ALPHA17, on 16 April 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

in CTC no one ever heard about this headset ,i think i should buy this Online n btw budget is only 1k to 1.2k for headset!!suggest any other

snapback.png
ALPHA17, on 16 April 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

• GPU - on-board
  • RAM - Kingston 2X1GB

the budget is 20k

in CTC no one ever heard about this headset ,i think i should buy this Online n btw it is only 1k to 1.2k for headset!!suggest any other

almost the same games which i mentioned in my 1st post

and what is the price of Asus Z77 motherboard??

my tv is 22inches at what resolution can i play???

@swatkats

i would like to have 1TB HDD

and is this approving the first 5posts by a mod so important ???
Well rules are rules, Sire. Cannot help about this.

in CTC no one ever heard about this headset ,i think i should buy this Online n btw budget is only 1k to 1.2k for headset!!suggest any other

Get any Creative OR Logitech VoIP based headset under your price bracket, I cannot give you exact specifics pertaining to model no. et al.

and what is the price of Asus Z77 motherboard??

my tv is 22inches at what resolution can i play???

Okay Sire, point noted a 22" TV screen means ~1920 x1080 [1080p / 1080i] resolution support. If it is an older model this might reduce to ~1366 x768.

The price for an ASUS Z77-M ~9500/-.

Back