iOS Migrating from android to iOS

Not technically a Jugaad as the person used the same software and assuming it cannot be pirated, he paid $22 (approx Rupees 1700) for 5 uses and if he gets 1000 rupees from each person, his profit is 5000 - 1700 = 3300 Rupees.
Yes you're right, assuming he paid though. While I was trying to find this solution a year or so back I found their are sources you can tap if you don't want to part with money

Not technically a Jugaad as the person used the same software and assuming it cannot be pirated, he paid $22 (approx Rupees 1700) for 5 uses and if he gets 1000 rupees from each person, his profit is 5000 - 1700 = 3300 Rupees.
Its ok, he did it right in front of me, and i too dint even try to bargain. Considering this it is possible and also there are videos on yt doing the same without using a computer even, so it is possible. Only that i was lazy enuf to go to such ordeal. But surely it will be possible without paying anybody anything.

Its ok, he did it right in front of me, and i too dint even try to bargain. Considering this it is possible and also there are videos on yt doing the same without using a computer even, so it is possible. Only that i was lazy enuf to go to such ordeal. But surely it will be possible without paying anybody anything.
The only way to transfer between devices is by decrypting the content on one device (eg. Whatsapp cloud upload is not unencrypted and the app is probably using that loophole) and then transferring it to another. This probably means that all your Whatsapp data was copied to the PC where Dr. Fone was installed in an unencrypted form, something that is a huge privacy risk.

Also, I have not used the app but in the past read about it installing a self-signed version of Whatsapp to transfer the content which is then restored using the store version. Yet again, having data restored through a self-signed app is a security risk. Considering it is another Chinese software, wouldn't really know what it does in addition to restoring the data.

Overall, this is indeed a desperate solution and probably not worth it for everyone.

i missed this thread and i’m surprised at almost everyone saying it’s not possible. simply just install dr fine and it’s just two clicks. ig there is some other application also.

but like t3ch33k said there are privacy risks that come along with it. also what i immediately did was backup chat to icloud after restore and then reinstall whatsapp from app store as i wasn’t comfortable using their self signed version. i recommend everybody to do this as well.

I read few days back that whatsapp is also working on getting backup and restore working to / from android / iOS and the feature is there in their beta version of app.

Hi all,
Self have been a long term android user(from the days of lg p500 android Froyo etc) yesterday bought iPhone 12 pro because I thought it is now time to switch iOS as I am not a power user anymore. Now I use phone for very basic tasks and phone upgrade was coming due and on top of it, my old trusted Redmi note 5 pro (running on lineage os) fell from bed and screen broken. So bought iPhone 12pro.
Now I am having extreme difficulty in migrating whatsapp chats history from android to iOS. Has anybody been able to successfully do it. I have tried searching on YouTube and tried dr.fone software but it is paid software. Any freeware to do the same. Thanks in advance
i hope im not late. i have used dr fone to migrate whatsapp chat history and its a success for me. anything related apple is costly. don't compare with android.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot 2021-07-06 at 09-34-15 Payment Invoice from Wondershare - eswar goku gmail com...jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2021-07-06 at 09-34-15 Payment Invoice from Wondershare - eswar goku gmail com...jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 79
A fellow TE member posted this method that he used to transfer his WhatsApp backup from android to iOS. Maybe it can help others as well.
P.S. - I personally haven't used this method or even watched the video.

Back