FS: Desktops Mini-ITX NAS board (VIA C7 EPIA-SN) [Built in CPU with board + 2GB DDR2]

deusExMachina

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Bangalore
Item Condition
3 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Sep 1, 2015
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
n/a
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Clearing up space, not useful in the near future
This is an old NAS board that I kept hoping to build a headless raid setup but never did. It's smaller than regular motherboards (mini-ITX) and can be powered by regular ATX power supplies. The CPU is a VIA C7 and is soldered down to the board. I'm selling this with the installed ram modules. Please note that it only has a VGA port and no HDMI. There are two ethernet ports, one gigabit and the other 100mbps.

The board has some additional features (VIA Padlock and a Watchdog timer that's configurable from BIOS. The timer can be configured to reset the board autonomously if the system hangs)

main.jpg

port_pics.jpg

powered_on.jpg

1664207439412.jpg

boot.jpg

2022-09-27-081743_1280x720_scrot.png

2022-09-27-081756_1280x720_scrot.png

Last edited:
Since the C7 is a x86 CPU and its got 2 LANs, this can be used as a Pfsense Router. best luck for the sale
No, it's an x86 and pfSense requires a 64 bit (x86_64) CPU. That point aside, isn't it too weak for a pfSense? Single core 90nm architecture @1.8Ghz
Perhaps a 24x7 pihole and a DIY NAS is a better use case.

Check PM
No, it's an x86 and pfSense requires a 64 bit (x86_64) CPU. That point aside, isn't it too weak for a pfSense? Single core 90nm architecture @1.8Ghz
pfSense 2.3.x is the last version supporting x86 but its EOL. You can still try to install and run it but will be pretty risky.

Last edited:
Right but it was surprisingly more performant that I expected back when I did some test runs. The chip has VIA padlock which has some accelerators useful for WIFI (ap) and NAS like AES and hardware RNG.

Used to run Gentoo on it back then, so I could optimize applications for features available on the hardware.

Back