Budget 0-20k Mini PC Required

panks21

Recruit
I need some advice on a mini PC. Following is my requirement

1) Budget:: ~15K (Can stretch upto 18K)
2) Need Virtualization support with Proxmox (or any other). I need to run 2-3 small linux VMs
3) RAM 16GB, SSD 250GB
4) Need to run 24/7
5) Form factor can be of line Dell Optiplex 7040

I have not mentioned CPU requirement because I am not sure which one from Intel / AMD support virtualization.
I am willing to buy a used one and if someone willing to sell, please feel free to respond. I have seen some renewed one on Amazon but not sure about the quality.

2) Need Virtualization support with Proxmox (or any other). I need to run 2-3 small linux VMs
3) RAM 16GB, SSD 250GB
4) Need to run 24/7

I have not mentioned CPU requirement because I am not sure which one from Intel / AMD support virtualization.
I am willing to buy a used one and if someone willing to sell, please feel free to respond. I have seen some renewed one on Amazon but not sure about the quality.
you must check the model number of the CPU and do a google search. Check if the processor supports AMD-V or Intel VT-x

3) RAM 16GB, SSD 250GB
4) Need to run 24/7

I would like to point out one challenge with the pre-built branded PC's, check for power supply and motherboard connector. HP/Lenovo and Dell released few with proprietary motherboard power connector instead of regular 20-24 pin connector so power supply and motherboard connector stays different and one can not upgrade these two components in case of any changes need to be done. So, I would suggest if you plan to upgrade board, PSU or GPU, mention it to seller beforehand and get clarity.

Rest I like these builds and you can choose from AMD or Intel as both offers virtulization support on select model's in these branded builds.

I guess @Zino may be able to help you as he does offer similar configs.

Back