Minor upgrade.......Part 1

gkay09 said:
Wouldnt the Dominators or Crucials be more apt for tweaking ?
And there are not many reviews for these sticks too...

Dominator GT would have been dandy, but those costs $100 more. I am not going to spend that much.
You gotta put some sort of budget limit. Mine was $300 and not a penny more :p
I just wanted the stick that can touch 2000 CL8 so I can push more bclk with memory dividers.

^ Hmm...ya the GTs are pretty costly...but I feel what you pay is what you get with those RAMs...the GTs say paired with the Classified would be the ultimate setup for an overclock freak...

How about the Kingston HyperX T1 ? Have heard that the chips that are used in these are also hand-picked similar to the GTs and good at overclocking...

gkay09 said:
^ Hmm...ya the GTs are pretty costly...but I feel what you pay is what you get with those RAMs...the GTs say paired with the Classified would be the ultimate setup for an overclock freak...

How about the Kingston HyperX T1 ? Have heard that the chips that are used in these are also hand-picked similar to the GTs and good at overclocking...

Yeah did consider that, but with proper divider, my chip will run out of juice before these sticks will :p

With me, the mad ocing phase lasts for first month of getting new hardware. After that, i settle for moderate oc and leave my system alone :p

That $100 extra will be spent for motherboard ;)

And i do have 3 1GB D9JNL Generic sticks that clock mad with mad vdimm( 2.2+v :p ). Those are the ones which will be used for those suicide runs :p

Back