MINT condition iPod Mini 4Gb 2nd GEN with 900mah Battery!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
will address offers over pm. the battery is 2 years old so lasts about 2-3 hours with the backlight on. id recommend a new battery, but what one could do is to buy this and order their own battery

Apologies for crapping your thread.

With no interest in the product on sale, I'd like to offer my opinion:

1. Compact Flash cards >4GB are really expensive, almost twice the price of the player you are offering.

2. 30GB 5G iPods are being sold for 5k. If you're looking for a sale, reduce the price further.

then one could dispute that the 32 gb ipod touch that is selling for 18k on the forum in another thread is expensive!!

its all about the compactness! and besides that, the 4Gb CF card costs a lot lesser than the ipod in question bro. At this price you can get a 32Gb card from KMD!

Amazon.com: Kingston Technology CF/32GB-S2 32 GB 133x Elite Pro CompactFlash Card: Computers & PC Hardware

here!!!!!!!!! 32 Gb flash card for less than the price of the iPod. with KMD prices it will cost 4k! thats 8.5k for an AWESOME iPod with 32Gb of Flash Memory and 900mah Battery!!!!!

at 1/3rd the cost of a 32Gb iPod touch!!

cheers!

No intention of crapping ur thread buddy, but when I can get a brand new transcend 4GB mp3 player for 2.2K (+free shipping) from e-bay, your 4K for a 4GB player makes no sense at all

eBay India: Transcend 650 4gb mp3 Player + 6 Mns. seller warranty (item 180333971165 end time 12-Mar-2009 00:05:29 IST)

Just comparing this to your offer.

Trancend player
(+) Costs much less than your ipod. 1.8K saved.
(+) Flash memory based player - less chance of HDD crash
(+) With warranty
(+) FM tuner and voice recording
(+) OLED screen

Your ipod
(+) It's an apple (snob value) - but then snob value for a 2.5yr old B/W model is not much.
Nothing much else

(-) No warranty
(-) Current battery is almost dead. The original battery shud give around 12 hrs backup (I have an ipod mini 4GB 2nd gen so I know), so the current one is almost dead for sure.
(-) Replacement battery you are offering is separate. For connecting it, you have to open the ipod (which is a risky job and it could get damaged if not done carefully)
(-) It's not really so very compact compared to newer players. When I bought it in 2005, it was compact compared to players at that time
Sorry if I'm crapping your thread, but I just wanted potential buyers to know the current situation before they decide to buy. I agree ipod mini was a great player during it's time, but now it's kinda outdated.

i dont agree with you paul! ipods are the only players that work with USB head units in cars, and that is one of the major reasons why one can buy this.

i know there is AUX IN! but the flexibility and ease of use of controlling an ipod from the head unit while driving is unparalleled. also, the usb in the car charges the pod while playing!

you HAVE crapped my thread, but i have no hard feelings against you. just disappointed that you listed out stuff like voice recorder and colour screen but forgot one MAJOR thing. thats usability! anyways no more arguments! each to his own

frankmehta said:
i dont agree with you paul! ipods are the only players that work with Ipod direct head units in cars, and that is one of the major reasons why one can buy this.
the flexibility and ease of use of controlling an ipod from the head unit while driving is unparalleled. also, the ipod direct charges the pod while playing!
you HAVE crapped my thread, but i have no hard feelings against you. just disappointed that you listed out stuff like voice recorder and colour screen but forgot one MAJOR thing. thats usability! anyways no more arguments! each to his own

Sure buddy..no hard feelings here either. I know I might have crapped your thread, but just wanted to put things in perspective..that's all....sorry. I'm sure die hard apple fans who see the utility wont be discouraged by any of this.

Man I really hope you sell yours pretty soon. I'm mighty glad I didn't rush into creating a FS thread for my own Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back