OC & Modding Mirror o mirror..........

ANP !!! said:
3M paper are soo damn exp :p

i used those cheap sand papers till 1200 then used 3M above 1500 (dry + wet frm here)
n i have a mirror finish just like u, i didnt had a goodcam when i was lapping only had a K750 so the pics i shot arent of good quality

maybe when i get the WC installed i will post a few pics of my lap work ;)

heh, they are expensive but they are good to work with. All it took me to complete this lapping job was 30-45 mins.
Cost = Rs155 for all papers..

Funky said:
heh, they are expensive but they are good to work with. All it took me to complete this lapping job was 30-45 mins.
Cost = Rs155 for all papers..
That's not a bad price to pay at all.:D
Not when even after investing loads more on top of the line coolers and thermal paste u have not as good temps due to a sucky concave IHS.:mad:

the_new_guy said:
dude there is not point getting a mirror you will get better temps with 320.

if mirror it there is less surface to exchange heat,
haha i was waiting when someone will ask this question on this forum :p
It was asked on other and the answer is, its not perfect mirror. not even close.
Its not even polished.
Its just well finished. And did you people notice all pics posted here are from an angle? that makes it look like a mirror.
I was very well aware of perfect mirror = not too good.
This is how it actually is.

And honestly just 320 leaves it with too many grooves and scratches which is bad bad and all bad. And keep in mind. Heatsink is not lapped.

Deception is the key here. Trick photography :p

So It means if you lap the heat sink base too, it will bring down the temp further? Are intel heat sink so bad ?

A noobish question.......the area u show in the image, is it the inside area of the IHS which comes in contact with the core processor?

That is what is lapped................right??

I have never opened it so have no idea but want to do this soon as I have major heat issue with mine.

^ Duh no, its the outside area which comes in contact with the heatsink base.

I don't think he needs to lap the U-120, its pretty well machined to say the least ;)

Well i dont know where u saw, but i went to entire IHS lapping thread at XS before i lapped my C2D IHS.
It was really bad with concave shape.
And the temps i am getting now are below 50 under any condition, so as far as i am concerened they are fine.
Once i go home today i will lap my other celeron with just 320 grit and see the temps on my spare asrock board. and then again do semi-mirror finish and observe temps.
Lets see what happens.
According to most people on XS, they are getting better temps afer mirror finish on both IHS and HSF. I still havent done that as theorotically it should not happen.

Back