CPU/Mobo Missing screw in motherboard

NikhilSingh25

Disciple
I bought an asrock b650m pro rs motherboard along with other parts for my PC sometime back, and finally got the time to build my PC.
But just after opening the motherboard box i noticed the heatsink on top of motherboard is missing one plastic screw type thing and is coming loose. i checked the packing carefully there is no plastic screw only a spare spring which was supposed to be under the screw.
I really don't know how to approach service centre with this.
Please suggest some way how to contact service centre or maybe I can get a some screw online.

Attachments

• PXL_20240308_145809613~2.jpg
    PXL_20240308_145809613~2.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20240308_145813374~2.jpg
    PXL_20240308_145813374~2.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20240308_150353649~2.jpg
    PXL_20240308_150353649~2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 58
If that's the case, you'll be selling it at 5k below purchase price and at the price point no one's going to care that a plastic pin has been replaced with a nylon screw and nut. Some people don't even expect original motherboard boxes when they're buying second hand — they're looking for a significant discount over full price more than anything else. Otherwise they'll just buy new instead (if the discount is only 2k to 3k less than new).

But that's besides the point, a service center wouldn't be able to help much, especially not for Asrock. Maybe if it was Gigabyte.

You could try returning it to the place where you got it from, they'll subtract some amount for restocking.

If you can take photos of the push pin next to a ruler to guage the size of it, I might have some older ones that might fit your board — you can have them for the cost of shipping.

If that's the case, you'll be selling it at 5k below purchase price and at the price point no one's going to care that a plastic pin has been replaced with a nylon screw and nut. Some people don't even expect original motherboard boxes when they're buying second hand — they're looking for a significant discount over full price more than anything else. Otherwise they'll just buy new instead (if the discount is only 2k to 3k less than new).

But that's besides the point, a service center wouldn't be able to help much, especially not for Asrock. Maybe if it was Gigabyte.

You could try returning it to the place where you got it from, they'll subtract some amount for restocking.

If you can take photos of the push pin next to a ruler to guage the size of it, I might have some older ones that might fit your board — you can have them for the cost of shipping.
i will check the screw size and let you know. salvaging screw from old motherboards seems like the best option atm.

You bought a mobo only to build & sell within a month?
I won't be selling only the mobo but whole build.
it was an impulsive Buy. ordered everything then got so busy that didn't even got the time to build it. Been almost 2 months.
I would be selling this as a brand new prebuilt. can at least sell it for cost price.

Back