Mobikwik data breach - personal data of 3.5 million users up for sale on dark web

D C

Adept

Onion link- http://mobikwikoonux37wauz6oqymshuvebj5u763rutlogc2fb2o3ugcazid.onion/

I checked my details, matches what I had in my mobikwik profile. Checked for my friend, he confirmed the card details are correct.

Edit: password is hashed and card details partially blanked. I am assuming the leaker has them in full clear text, just removed them for public viewing.

Earlier they had denied. But several users are responding to this tweet.

Onion link for those who want to try

Yup, unless there is a law to mandate good data security practices and severe fines for breaches, the companies have no incentive to actually care and spend money on data security.

Again, Not surprised at all. The key weakness with most mobile app/service startups is not investing enough in information security. They spend a lot on marketing and this is the price they pay.

Bunch of bafoons, they should be penalized for this. Pancard, aadhar cards, photos, address, credit card numbers (masked) everything is available.

This is a criminal offence.

Other payment services and other services in general that collect such sensitive user information should learn from this and strengthen their security.

Back