Mobile from indiatimes.com?

Hi friends!

I want to purchase htc explorer. indiatimes.com is providing it for 10455.

It is giving mouthwatering 1.5k off
<
. That means at 9845
<
. Should I go for it? I read tons of -ve feedback for that site. Please any personal experiences?

Need to buy it for birthday. Urgent advice needed.

^ I orderd BF3 (PC) from Indiatimes.

Their shopping system is buggy, it recorded my PARTIAL address (whole two lines were missing) I placed order on 29th December, I requested for address correction on 30th december but I didn't got any response from them regarding address change. I called them couple of times but they only told me to forward the address change request on icare@indiatimes.com, I never got response from them. I opened case for order cancellation on 3-1-2012 and called customer care about that. They told me, I will get confirmation call about order cancellation in 4-5 "WORKING" days. I got the call on 5th January saying my order has been cancelled. I will get my money in 4-5 "working" days. It's 14th January and I haven't got any money from them. I call them everyday and only get assurance that I will get my money back soon..

Another incidence with my friend, He purchased a laptop from Indiatimes. It was written that product is in "stock" hence he made an order. After 10 days, he got a call from IndiaTimes regarding unavailablity of product. They will CHECK if product can be made available in next 8-10 working days. He waited for 13 days, he got a call from them saying they can not make it available and they will refund the amount in 4-5 working days. He waited for next week but he didn't got any refund from them. He called them back, they told him a reason "There was a problem in Payment gateway and they are trying to resolve it". After making lots of calls and emails he got his money almost after 6 months.. Pathatic :/

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM INDIATIMES.. I request you!

Wtf is wrong with IndiaTimes.. I asked for cancellation of order about 2 weeks back and they have shipped it today.. This is embarrasing. This is why they never gave me my money back.. Ahh.. Crap..

one of my frnd faced same problem.. he placed an order and got it it after 3 weeks after tiring long follow ups, never understood their meaning of 4-5 business days

i have had a very bad experience with TOI sales.. last time i orcered a blackberry and they have sent me locked one.. they never bothred to replace it

After making lots of calls and emails he got his money almost after 6 months.. Pathatic

It took 6 months. Damn...its absurd.

Everyday seeing those cheap chinese replica of iPhone/N8/BB in TOI on sale for 2/3K, I never bother to visit their website.

I would rather prefer peace of mind than saving few bucks.

@OP - reading above comments I would too request you to look for some alternative (ebay, letsbuy etc etc - look for some coupons)

Forget Indiatimes, they break their own records from time to time. For peace of mind try Ebay.in (reputed seller), flipkart.com.

AFAIK the problem with indiatimes is they do not stock anything, they are dependent on dealers, you too could offer your goods.

Also another bad point for customers is that they have outsourced each part of the entire process to different party's. this partly does not give them complete control over the entire transaction process.

Moreover they are only concerned with incoming money, and B@lls to consumer protection like ebay.

Long way back I had lots of bad experiences and was cheated on ebay/baazee, Finally a time came when I had stopped all online shopping completely. but thanks to the various initiatives by ebay on buyer protection. I have resumed purchases. BTW I avoid purchasing from other indian websites how ever lucrative the deal may be.

Once I had an experience with indiaplaza, I was charged the same amount on my credit card in the second month. I did not even logged into that website after I received my order and when the credit card statement came in my hand i was shocked as WTF. without me ordering / logging in their site i was re-charged on my credit card. and to recover that money it took me more then 6 months.

LOL, Finally I received the item I purchased from IndiaTimes Shopping on 28th December
<
But the thing is, I had cancelled the order on 2nd January (15 days before they actually shipped it). I got a call on 5th January from them saying I will get my refund back in 4 days. I never got the refund back and on 17th they shipped the order which was supposed to be cancelled. After I saw the status "Shipped" I immediately called them up and asked them about it. I got very annoying reply from their Customer Representative. He just said, "Dont accept the courier when you receive it, they will send it back to us and we will cancel the order." I asked them how much time will it take to get my money back. Repr. said, "It will take 4-5 days to get the product back. After aknowledgement, we will forward your request of cancellation to appropriate dept and within 2 weeks you will get your money back."

Btw, I had ordered BF3 title for 1k from them, even I cancelled the order but I got the product today
<
Now, there is no point in refusing the courier and let them keep my 1k with them for another 2 weeks. I decided to accept the courier (thankfully I dropped plans to purchase game from another vendor in meantime).

<
<

Back