Mobile Operators charging for customer service calls!!!

PhotostarSR said:
BTW Now even Vodafone is charging in Karnataka.

Within couple of months, we can expect all operators to charge for customer care..

just checked yesterday nite not charging for me Vodafone Mangalore:) my roomiee using a airtel its chargin for him

Charges for talking to customer care!!

Called the turds at Idea Cellular yesterday for a query and was shocked to hear that I will be charged 50p/3 minutes for talking to a human. Saw several articles reporting that other operators are also doing the same.

Now Call Vodafone Customer Care At 50p/3min

WTF?!

I have written to the nodal officer about this. Used some very strong words. Apparently TRAI has a regulation that customer care calls shld be free. Lets see what the response is.

Re: Charges for talking to customer care!!

To reduce unwanted & headless inquiry call they may start charging, but it's really bad for person who Genuinely Call for help only.

Another source of income for cellular company. In UP they already started from past few months.

AFAIK TRAI has allowed the operators to charge for customer care...search this forum...it's already discussed...

^^ Link to thread/article please. A quick google search didnt help me find the relevant thread. Heres a quote from the article linked in the 1st post. The article is just a couple of days old.

The Government’s directive to telecom companies while giving out licences explicitly stated customer service calls should be TOLL-FREE. This directive hasn’t changed — the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has not yet approved the companies’ request to charge subscribers for their calls to CUSTOMER CARE

If they are going to charge me for calls to customer care, I will direct every query of mine to the nodal officer from now on.

As far as I know the "connect" service in Punjab has always charged for their customer care.

Had an internet account with them once and it was pathetic.

Ok I was informed about the same by Airtel. Calling 121 will be charged 60p for 3 minutes or something but if you want to register a complaint we can call 191 which is toll free. Don't really have any issues with this

Welcome move, it was there in TOI some days back. CC number split into 121 and 198. 121 chargeable for 50p/3min for people calling for tarrif plans, schemes etc. while 198 will be for customer complaints and will remain toll-free.

It will improve CC experience, I call CC only twice thrice a year just for any clarification/complaint atleast I will not have to wait for important information while other guy is calling for time pass. :|

I'm on Vodafone here in Chennai. I had to call customer service even day before regarding some connection problems. Until now, I've not been charged for that call even though it went over 15 minutes.. Both 111 and 198 numbers didn't deduct anything from my balance amount.

The reason for this as already mentioned is the useless calls that people make to the call center. You will not be charged if you are making a call to complain about the service. This charge is for other calls like info and chit chat. Which is fair!

Renegade said:
The reason for this as already mentioned is the useless calls that people make to the call center. You will not be charged if you are making a call to complain about the service. This charge is for other calls like info and chit chat. Which is fair!

Lol, yeah even some of my friends at the college hostel do that. They call up and make fun of the person who picks up on the other end. They ask him/her stuff like "What's the score?" "Quite sunny outside no?" :eek:hyeah:

Yeah, such idiots deserve to be charged.

Airtel Started charging for 121 calls

Hello

Airtel started charging for calls made to 121 from 1st of April and calls are charged if you press 9 and speak to customer care executive @ 50 paisa for 3 minutes. However all complain calls are free for that customer needs to dial 198. which is toll free.

Enjoy the Crap

Re: Airtel Started charging for 121 calls

No, I heard all companies are charging the customers for calling Customer care to reduce call load on their Customer Care Executives..

Now, I think twice before calling Customer Care and prank them :bleh:

Back