Less than 10K Mobile phone for Mom from E-Zone store !

Switch

Skilled
Hey Guys,

So I have Ezone vouchers worth 3K expiring on 19th Feb and I need to buy a phone for my mom from there. They have lot of brands but apart from the usual suspects(Xiaomi, OnePlus, Motorola, Apple) I know nothing about the brands available there. They have Samsung, HTC, Apple, LG, Sony, Intex, Lava, Karbon, Micromax, Panasonic, Microsoft and I have to select a phone between these brands. Here goes the templet...

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 10K or a little over

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5" Full HD preferred

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android which should be upgradable

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G, 4G would be an added advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera & WhatsApp

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New and have to be from E-Zone(Big Bazzar)

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 16GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: So far nothing but I don't mind Karbon or Lava

Will be waiting for responses...[DOUBLEPOST=1455775493][/DOUBLEPOST]No recommendations...

Last edited:
http://www.cromaretail.com/LAVA-Pixel-V1-(Dual-SIM)-(White)-pc-29059-95.aspx ~9k. Android one device. Marshmallow update is already out IINM.

Weak SOC (Quad core A7 with Mali 400). Colors are a bit washed out. But 2GB RAM+ 32GB storage. Small 2650mAH battery and no 4G

http://www.cromaretail.com/Gionee-M5-Lite-(Gold)-pc-31388-95.aspx ~13k
3GB RAM+32GB storage. More compact, premium looking and 4000mAH battery. Quad core A-53 Mediatek is avg.

@puns - I think the On devices are also online exclusive.

Zenfone 2 laser. I got this for my mom and she's quite happy with it. Camera feels a bit below average.
Check if available in B&M stores. If not, then any Samsung one is your best bet.

OT: @Switch OP do you play Dota 2? If yes were you online in the game on saturday in the evening? If No, ignore. I chatted with someone under the same name and the way you type messages looked similar.

Back