Budget 10-15K Mobile phone for teenage girl (budget 15K)

Padmanabh

Recruit
Dear all,
Need your valuable advice regarding which touchscreen mobile phone to buy for a teenage girl after scoring good marks. Music, camera could be the priority I guess. Around 15K is the budget.

Thanks.

Galaxy Core is strictly OK. I really don't like Samsung putting ancient hardware on phones as most people will only look at specs and nothing more. LG is unfortunately no different in this regard and even the L7 II has the same specs are Samsung but at least has an IPS screen which is better than the screen on the core. The LG should retail for 13.5k or so.

For good specs check out the Huawei Ascend P1 for 13k. It has a 1.5 Ghz dual core Cortex A9 which is far far better than the dual core A5 processors found in core and L7 II, has Power VX540 (again leagues ahead of Adreno 203) and 4.3 inch Super Amoled screen. Decent spread of service centers in India.

@Brendon specs aren't everything. Generally people demanding budget phones are also the ones demanding highest bang for the buck. Eg. serviceability, brand recognition etc. Galaxy Core has 1.2 Ghz Dual core, do you think that 0.3 is that much different ? Please don't talk about rooting etc because that was not the requirements... I have used Galaxy Core which a friend has and is VFM. Obviously it can't do everything but is good enough for the budget.

^^ I don't disagree specs aren't everything but the few games I did try were not very smooth on the Core at the shop where it was displayed.

The Huwaei has a Cortex A9 processor which is more advanced than the Cortex A5 processor. Think of the Cortex A5 processor as an Intel Celeron processor and think of the A9 as a Core i3 processor so its not a difference of 0.3 Ghz but a difference in architecture.

Back