Mobile requirement

Techman

Adept
Can any one suggest the best phone for my requirement

1. Should not have camera
2. Should be compatible with Dual Sim (GSM + GSM)
3. Should have 3.5 MM audio jack *** Optional
4. Should support atleast 8 GB Micro SD *** Optional (if option 3 is not available)
5. Better if its a branded one like SE, noika, samsung, HTC etc

I have looked into some Karbonn K332 mobiles and the Videocon mobiles which satisfies my requirement, but they do not have 3.5 mm.

I am also looking for features like
1. Having one sim offline and other online
2. Setting default for calling from one sim

There is no restrictions for my budget, as there are no mobiles without camera in hi end range. 1 & 2 are must for my requirement, so Nokia E61 et all are out of question.

if you want dual sim phone without camera, you can wipe out nokia, se, samsung, htc etc from the list. you can check phones like Karbonn K443.

micromax Q5 will be suited for your requirements.. although it does come with a cam.

it will be hard to find a fone with all those features without camera...basically the feature set is for those who looking for all in one solutions at low cost...and camera is one the selling points..however crappy it may be.

There were phones from Videocon and Karbonn which was satisfying 1 & 2 of my requirement. Which of these would be reliable in terms of long life (without any hearing / speaking problems)? Also with better battery life

There are phones from FLY, LAVA, Micromax.... but these are either extremely low end. Yeah the Q5 was on my target, but it has a cam.

I hope these manufacturers will someday realise the need of Phone without cam (for corporates).

However I am going to Univercell chennai tomorrow to findout if the dealer has anything to say.

^^ Point is if the security guys see the camera lens on phone, it has to be kept outside office. By disable do you mean change the panel ? I even thought about it, but will check if its possible

On most phones i guess it shouldn't be too hard to remove the camera module , ask any local mobile repair guys , they'll do it for you .

Techman said:
^^ Point is if the security guys see the camera lens on phone, it has to be kept outside office. By disable do you mean change the panel ? I even thought about it, but will check if its possible

No, just paint the lens black or physically remove camera module. Else buy a cheepo phone without camera(price range 1-2k)

Links:

http://ask.metafilter.com/112370/Can-I-remove-or-diable-my-camera-from-my-cell-phone

http://discussion.treocentral.com/treo-650/84979-guide-how-remove-your-camera.html

^ thanks ... nice to see 10/10 in performance and feature. Will get this tomm.

EDIT: OOPS I mistook dualband for dual sim :), dual sim is my primary requirement. Anyway nice phone

Hey checkout LG GX200, dual SIM with 8Gb MicroSd. Only thing is has a camera and no 3.5 jack. All other requirements are met.

Got LG GB170 with 2 GB Microsd from Univercell for 2260 bucks.

I had to compromise on the dual sim, but the mobile pretty much meets my other requirements and lives to it.

As I already have EP 830, the sound quality is awesome.

Back