Mobile with 4" or more screen size

teche

Adept
Presently Im using an iPhone 3gs but feel the need for a bigger screen.

Please suggest me a phone with 4" or bigger screen & other requirements are:

-Slim, nice looks
-Fast
-Capacitive TS
-Good battery backup
-Good after sales/glitch free

Dual Core processor could be an added advantage but not a deciding factor.

No budget constraint.

when you do not have any budget constraints then even i think you should wait for Nexus Prime, which is rumored to get released on October 27, in London, then you would have options with the new Android 4.0 device.

An Ice Cream Sandwich-based phone, Android 4.0 mobile OS. It will boast a Texas Instruments OMAP4460 processor, a dual-core, Cortex A9 chip that is expected to do a 1.2 GHz. Complementing it will be a gigabyte of RAM along with built-in 32 gigabytes of internal storage. The awesomeness is contained within a nine-millimeter-thin frame.

The screen will be AMOLED HD 4.65 inches wide with a resolution of 1280-by-720 pixels. The smartphone also sports a front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera and another rear-facing 5-megapixel camera capable of recording 1080P video and the wireless connectivity is a Wireless-N running on a built-in 1,750 mAh battery., wonder what will be the battery life ?

Just came across Moto Defy for ~13k, its 3.7" I guess. How's the phone?

Should I include iPhone 4G into the list? Its price must have come down with the advent of 4GS!

Also how's SE Arc? Found its looks stunning. Think I heard somewhere about some issue with the device, is there one?

Btw Nexus Prime is at the top of the charts on popular suggestions by dear members. Till it comes around, Im just checking out various options.

This sounds to be the "perfect" phone but can there be a perfect device ever, what could be the chinks in its armour?

I am not surprised. I suffer from the same problem. I love my phone (arc) but can still criticise it to no end. One thing I do have realised is that iOS and Android are far from overlapping each other.

teche said:
Should I include iPhone 4G into the list? Its price must have come down with the advent of 4GS!

There is no iPhone 4G and iPhone 4GS. It's iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.

I suggest you against iPhone 4. Because there won't be much price reduction. Apple follows strict cycle. But you can look into TE Market & get old FU phone, 23-24K then it is good.

Even I liked SE Arc. I am impressed by it's design & I chose it over SGS 2. Cos hurts me to pay 30K for a device which looks like iPhone :p I have used SE Arc for a week, used it to write a review, but later it was too late. I liked the device & I have not faced any problems with it. I have little draft of it, will compile it soon & make a mini review :)

If someone u know coming from US, then you can get iPhone 4S. IMHO don't go for iPhone 4 unless you get a killer deal. Or else wait for Nexus Prime.

If you can wait -go for Nexus Prime. But it will not be launched in India right now. So, you will have to buy it from US.

If you don't want to wait and doesn't have budget limitation - go for a Galaxy S2 white. You can get it for 30K w/o warranty. Or the black one for 26K with warranty.

If you don't mind warranty and want something VFM - go for a Captivate or Vibrant from US. You can get one for 12K depending upon condition.

And don't forget the Samsung Focus. But it is windows phone - truly VFM at the price point and you can experience a new OS other than the Android.

Looking at the present options, thinking of re-visiting my requirements:

- 3.5" or more screen
- Capacitive T.S.
- Android O.S, easily upgradable
- Front Video cam
- GPS
- FM/RDS, better if without headset.
- Good browser

What are the options now & would 3.5/3.7" suffice for Internet?

Friends, which iPhone 4G to buy:

-Gevey sim Unlocked
-Factory unlocked

Due to the advent of iPhone 4gs, prices of 4G must have come down. Can someone indicate latest prices of iPhone 4G...

Yes my bad, iPhone 4 & 4s.

You mean 2nd hand iPhone 4? Yes one can save more money but Im more inclined to buy a new one.

Should one buy a locked or Gevey sim unlocked or factory unlocked? Best prices for these?

Get factory Unlocked. Indian version of new one costs 34k plus 1TB HDD if you buy from eBay. Old ones cost 25k+ and locked ones 22-23k+

If u want warranty then you can buy Indian version. But you never know Indian release of iPhone 4S if they launch it in December, prices will drop & you will be disappointed greatly.

So if you want to buy iPhone, better wait till December because I don't find its worth 35k. Or else if anyone is coming from us then get iPhone 4S :)

Make sure about baseband etc before buying locked. But I still say no to locked as it is getting hard with every update to give JB + unlock.

To unlock it costs around 300 to 1500 depending on cost of Gevey sim.

Check TE market you can find better deals. If 26k one is almost as new, then you can go for it.

teche said:
Guys what's the consensus on SE NEO, RAY & ARC? Which to choose between these?
Each model has its Pros and Cons.
Arc: Its very good looking and has excellent camera but is very expensive at 24K with regards to the specifications you get.
Neo V: This is one capable Mid-Range Device, it has nice camera, 1Ghz Processor, 3.7 inches BE screen and nicely priced at 16K.
Ray: This is also a good device as it has 3.3 inches screen and 8MP Exmos R Sensor Camera (Although, Not as good as Arc but very capable) and 1 Ghz processor and pricing is also 18K.

Back