Budget 20-25K Mobile with usb 3 & fast charger 8GB+128GB HELP - An old Fan of TE

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi Folks .... I am returning back to @TechEnclave (my alma mater) after many many years. I sincerely regret not having kept in touch :cry:

I need your advice - Android Phone for my wife
MUST HAVE
USB-C & Fast Charger
Android 10 or 11
8GB+128 GB

I have narrowed down to
Vivo V20 SE
Oppo F17 Pro

My daughter has rejected Redmi Note 9 Pro (heating issues) :confused: is this True ?

And now listen to the "best" part - My wife is using One Plus Nord 5G :rolleyes: - but she has formatted to bare essentials & is not happy :eek:

And so, I have decided to use the Nord (my existing phone was the iPhone SE 16 GB - which I have used for the past 5 years or more ----- it heats up today and battery life is :arghh: barely beyond 2-3 hours outdoors). I love the Apple OS - but cant go for an upgrade for myself :android::nailbiting:

HELP - Comrades

Terry

Upto 22K - but would prefer anything lower

Willing to settle for 6GB+128GB too (or 6 - 64 with expandable storage)
Redmi Note 9 Pro is actually the best phone in it's price range, but only if one can debloat the phone.
But of course, do let us know your budget so we can give better suggestions.
De bloating the RedMI Max Pro Will be taken care of ——- But does it really have *Heating Issues*

My wife will NEVER use the phone for gaming. But yes - she uses it a lot for @youtube

Upto 22K - but would prefer anything lower

Willing to settle for 6GB+128GB too (or 6 - 64 with expandable storage)

De bloating the RedMI Max Pro Will be taken care of ——- But does it really have *Heating Issues*

My wife will NEVER use the phone for gaming. But yes - she uses it a lot for @youtube
If you can debloat, then you can go for any of the three - Redmi Note 9 Pro, Poco M2 Pro and Redmi Note 9 Pro Max. All 3 are basically same phone inside. Trust me you won't even need to use the fast charger with these. Once debloated they have amazing battery life. I got 15h36m of SoT once when I tested it. For my regular usage, I was barely able to exhaust 50% battery during my daily usage and so only had to use a normal 10W charger for overnight charging.

Edit - No heating issues whatsoever in my 3 months of usage.

Nord would also be my first choice or OnePlus 7T, if you can get a good deal on exchange.

You may want to take at look at Realme 6pro (or 7pro).
I have bought four Realme phones in last one or two years (for my cousin sis, my uncle, my mom and my dad). None of these people are into gaming, but all are into FB and YouTube. My sister and Mom use Realme 5 Pro, Uncle uses Realme 2 Pro and dad has started to use Realme 6 Pro from last month (Flipkart Diwali sale).

Back