CPU/Mobo Mobo Problem help needed

asvinder

Disciple
Hi
I recently purchased my rig like a month ago.

My RIG:

INTEL I7 950
GIGABYTE X58 UD3R
MUSHKIN 3 X2GB
CORSAIR TX750
the problem is that whenever i use the triple channel memory the blue screen pops and the comp restarts.
In dual channel mode every thing works fine.
Also sometimes in MY COMP properties the ram section says "6gb(4gb usable )".to solve this problem i always have to take out the rams and refit them.
plz help me to solve the problem .
shud i do rma?

The first thing you can do is to update your bios to the latest version & then report back.
While reading about this mobo I have seen many users faced this problem. Try google, you will find the solution.

The problem here is that i purchased my rig frm hyderabad which is 8 hours long frm where i live .plz explain me wht things shud i be taking with me when going for the rma .i.e bills and other stuff which they may need.

Also will they give me a replacement for the time being ?

Just carry the bill with u when u will go to the service centre and ofcourse the faulty mobo :p... BTW where do u live now? there may b a service centre in ur city... Just google it ;)

BTW they will just take ur faulty board, they wont take the accessories that came along with the board coz the accessories dont carry any warranty...

guys, it seems he is using 32bit os and thats the reason his system states 4gb usable. Am i right ?. The memory issue has nothing to do with this, right ?

to be on the safer side, take a snap of the serial number sticker portion of your mobo carton... Sometimes service centre guys require the carton details.

^^Nope m using 64 bit OS.

@Hades:I live in Nanded ,its a small town .I m pretty sure they dont have service center here.

Also do they have pickup service?

^^No i have not checked with it .I checked ram's in all the slots one by one they seemed to be working fine .The problem occurs only in triple channel mode.

Also the comp works slow in triple mode as compared to the dual mode.

Will check with the Memtest86+ And will post the resuts of it.

asvinder said:
^^Nope m using 64 bit OS.

@Hades:I live in Nanded ,its a small town .I m pretty sure they dont have service center here.

Also do they have pickup service?
Nope they dont provide a pickup service like Western Digital...

U have to go to the service centre to submit the faulty board...

Back