Budget 21-30k MoBo, RAM and PSU suggestions

skuri

Recruit
Hello!

I currently have an old configuration which I feel needs to be started off from scratch at this time. I've considered keeping my CPU+MoBO and just upgrading GPU for now, but from what I've read on the internet, even if I upgrade my GPU now, it will still result in a CPU bottleneck so the upgrade seems due anyway.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 3570
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte H61
    • GPU - GTX 750Ti 2GB
    • RAM - 2x4 GB DDR3
    • Monitor - LG (a 768p relic from the past)
    • PSU - Intex 450W
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - LG (the relic)
    • HDD - 1 TB
    • Cabinet
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 10600KF
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • PSU - The most affordable 500/550W PSU
    • RAM - 2x8GB DDR4, again, prefer the most affordable
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 12 months, in this order.
    • GPU - GTX 10xx/16xx probably, something in the budget of 15k
    • Monitor - Preferably 27" 1080p
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes for RAM and PSU with some remaining warranty.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Intel/NVIDIA combo preferred because they often perform better in flight simulation
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Simulation - Prepar3D, ATS, ETS2
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Home 64 bit
I had considered waiting for the Alder Lake release but the consensus I've read on the Internet is that the tech will be costly for some time until mass production kicks in. The 11th gen is fine but then it goes over my budget, so I decided to be in peace with the 10th gen. I'd like to hear your opinions on this CPU and suggestions for the other supporting products.

Thank you!

Flight sims have traditionally been demanding more on CPU than GPU. It is changing now, but excess processing power is always welcome there. The K series has a better base clock speed. That was my reason for preferring 10600KF.

I mentioned 10xx or 16xx looking at the current scenario. I'd more than happy to get a 20xx card if it falls within that budget. Of course, I'd be picking a GPU from the second hand market. A new one would still be out of my mentioned budget.

27inch monitor with 1080p res kind of feels like too pixely.
If what you want is 27inch then go for at least 1440p monitor otherwise a 24inch with 1080p shall be fine.

Bro if u really building for gaming purpose i would suggest u to raise the budget a bit so u can hv better options, otherwise ur current one is just fine.

Back