OC & Modding Modding H70

hellgate

Adept
Feb 4, 2009
Bavdhan, Pune
Currently i am using the stock H70 for cooling my i7 @ 4.25GHz 24/7.
The temps are k at best but as the summer temps inc, i'm afraid that the 100% load temps are gonna get worse.

I was looking through this mod :

Corsair H70 mod guide

Now the problem is that, the stuffs reqd to perform this mod are not locally available.

•Watre Reservoir - Swiftech MCRES rev2
•6mm ID 8mm OD tubes (hous) - transparent anti klink tubes
•Coolant liquid - Feser Aqua ultra pure watter
•Anti corrosion additive for coolant- PT Nuke
•two 6mm pressure fittings

So can someone help me in sourcing these parts?

Thnx & Regards,
HellGate

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
hellgate said:
Currently i am using the stock H70 for cooling my i7 @ 4.25GHz 24/7.
The temps are k at best but as the summer temps inc, i'm afraid that the 100% load temps are gonna get worse.

I was looking through this mod :

Corsair H70 mod guide

Now the problem is that, the stuffs reqd to perform this mod are not locally available.

•Watre Reservoir - Swiftech MCRES rev2
•6mm ID 8mm OD tubes (hous) - transparent anti klink tubes
•Coolant liquid - Feser Aqua ultra pure watter
•Anti corrosion additive for coolant- PT Nuke
•two 6mm pressure fittings

So can someone help me in sourcing these parts?

Thnx & Regards,
HellGate
Even the CPU block and radiator of H70 are not great as compared to available options, :p. Why dont you sell your H70 and buy a water cooling kit, if you are willing to put money and efforts in a customised kit.

hellgate

Adept
Feb 4, 2009
Bavdhan, Pune
thebanik said:
Even the CPU block and radiator of H70 are not great as compared to available options, :p. Why dont you sell your H70 and buy a water cooling kit, if you are willing to put money and efforts in a customised kit.
Burning cash is not the problem. Sourcing the stuffs surely is. The reason being that i dont use credit cards, hence dont have one, and neither does any of my close friends have one. :(

So if anyone can order on my behalf (will neft the reqd amount to that person), then it would be great.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
You could try Computer Liquid Cooling & Premium Air Products, Parts, Kits & Accessories | Sidewinder Computers

They have a large repository of modding hardware. And they ship worldwide. Customs could be a problem if the consignment is shipped in a large box though.

Do you have an Aramex shop-and-ship account?
Have already seen that. The problem is that I dont own a credit card :(

Dont have an Aramex shop-and-ship account.

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
hellgate said:
Burning cash is not the problem. Sourcing the stuffs surely is. The reason being that i dont use credit cards, hence dont have one, and neither does any of my close friends have one. :(

So if anyone can order on my behalf (will neft the reqd amount to that person), then it would be great.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Have already seen that. The problem is that I dont own a credit card :(

Dont have an Aramex shop-and-ship account.
hmmm....that would be a problem then, otherwise the cheapest decent kit going around, the Rasa RS240 Kit is amazing in value @ 130$ and according to various sources gives atleast 8-10C better temp than H70. XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit - Supports all CPU sockets

But getting it to India would take its price close to 200$ without even adding customs, :(, cheapest shipping to India is like ~ 70$

hellgate

Adept
Feb 4, 2009
Bavdhan, Pune
thebanik said:
hmmm....that would be a problem then, otherwise the cheapest decent kit going around, the Rasa RS240 Kit is amazing in value @ 130$ and according to various sources gives atleast 8-10C better temp than H70. XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit - Supports all CPU sockets

But getting it to India would take its price close to 200$ without even adding customs, :(, cheapest shipping to India is like ~ 70$
Was checking that out at frozencpu. shipping comes out to $196.24.
The best part is that they accept Western Union.
I think I will give it a try.

xanan

Disciple
Dec 12, 2010
Well, you don't need to do all this. I have modded my CM Aqua S1 the same way about two years ago.

For reservoir, you can use the radiator reservor of some car, pref Maruti, for tubing, you can use a shower hose and for cooling you can use normal coolant :)

NAV33N

Skilled
May 21, 2009
hellgate said:

Get yourself an instant ICICI Credit Card against Fixed Deposit of Amount over 20k,you'll get the card instantly & it'll be activated within 7 days (atleast that's what they say)

i got one today since it was a problem for me to finish up my build but now it ain't far away :)