Money or Peace of Mind ?

Given a choice between 'Money' and 'Peace of mind' what would you choose..

• Total voters
Yesterday i closed my FD and finished of my fathers one of the loan of 47000/- AND 5000/- OF other credit card and he was satisfied and from then till morning i left for office he was totally in peace as now i am in more tension that my account is below limit and no future backup also as all my policy are use to clear on the loans and now my father msg me that beeta 2 more credit card remaining so now my peace on mind has gone as i wanted to finish off the loan but he was like nothing happen just i can't express as he was just saying sbi is calling me so pay them first as i replied him in anger mod as all closing formality happens i will proceed but now on i will first pay bills and then decide ok so he was ok lets see .
Form after that my mind is not in peace

Yesterday i closed my FD and finished of my fathers one of the loan of 47000/- AND 5000/- OF other credit card and he was satisfied and from then till morning i left for office he was totally in peace as now i am in more tension that my account is below limit and no future backup also as all my policy are use to clear on the loans and now my father msg me that beeta 2 more credit card remaining so now my peace on mind has gone as i wanted to finish off the loan but he was like nothing happen just i can't express as he was just saying sbi is calling me so pay them first as i replied him in anger mod as all closing formality happens i will proceed but now on i will first pay bills and then decide ok so he was ok lets see .
Form after that my mind is not in peace
After reading ur post i would really say this ....

People with Debit Cards are way more Happy then that of People with Credit cards !

no loan ! No jhanjat !

Ofcourse ! Some situation can only be handled with credit cards such as emergency medical needs and all ... but we don't tend to thing that way ........

Yo! It's very rare that i come across a person happy with using CCs who are able to handle them.
Enlighten us please on how you get the most out of them with a Decade+ of experience :D
A basic CC usage guide for India would be preferred :)
ask me... this is my 15th year with CCs and I am still happy. I use debit card only for cash withdrawals. :D

A basic CC usage guide for India would be preferred

it's difficult to believe that indians fail at using CCs. indians tend to save for the rainy day. it's difficult for them to spend beyond their means. cannot say the same about young indians who probably haven't seen their parents budgeting or saving money.

my CC usage depend on the other party. if they accept CCs, then I pay thru CC otherwise it's cash! it's so simple... where's is the trap? paying at the end of month is just like paying your regular bills. one needs to be very careless in paying other bills but ignoring the CC. :p

cash in hand should take care of every need. in case of medical emergencies, having a CC helps a lot.

it's difficult to believe that indians fail at using CCs. indians tend to save for the rainy day. it's difficult for them to spend beyond their means. cannot say the same about young indians who probably haven't seen their parents budgeting or saving money.

my CC usage depend on the other party. if they accept CCs, then I pay thru CC otherwise it's cash! it's so simple... where's is the trap? paying at the end of month is just like paying your regular bills. one needs to be very careless in paying other bills but ignoring the CC. :p

cash in hand should take care of every need. in case of medical emergencies, having a CC helps a lot.

Precisely, I've been using a CC since 15yr now, always settle the total amount due, never paid interest or annual fees till now.

Always consider CC bill as to be settled on due date with a advantage of carrying over to next month at a insane rate of interest (so to be used in case of a genuine emergency) .

But in my house it was different Credit Card interest rates are is high because my father couldn't pay for many months so because of that now we too have to take data entry type work in our house as i am doing my best to remove them but he is as normal that no problem my kids will remove the card payment month by month so be relaxed.

I always felt that people who use credit card and land up in debt problem would have landed up in debt problem even if they didn't have credit cards.
Living beyond your means is what causes most debt issues (I am excluding medical emergencies). And there were (and still are people) who live beyond their means even though they don't carry any credit cards. Borrowing from friends, relatives, colleagues, loan sharks, bookies etc are the usual alternatives.

For Medical Use credit card is good but people who are habitual credit card user we cannot stop them as luckily my father just stopped but the due is due and now as i am actually in need for the money for my Medical issue there is no money so what to do just wait for the salary but one thing Bank should provide facility or some kind if the person should uses a credit card for bank transaction so he should pay less interest something.

xp47z0x.jpg

I strongly feel that the given choices are not mutually exclusive. I believe that the main usage of money is to make more money. Prudent investment in money markets is a way to go. Monetary discipline transcends through the ages also. So it doesn't really matter if you are earning 2k a month or 2l a month. If you invest intelligently, your money supply would become a flow variable from a stock variable. You can then pursue your dreams easily without worrying about cash inflows. You would reap the benefits in the times to come.

I think each of us, educated individuals, should be well versed with the financial sector. It'll serve two purposes. Personal growth money wise which in turn would strengthen the economy as well.

Last edited:
^^ They are mutually exclusive. Peace of mind has nothing to do with money and its every subjective to the person.

As I said before, a serial killer may find peace of mind in killing people brutally. He may not care about money or possible consequences. Another may get it from painting pictures even if they have no talent for it and all the money in the world and the best job and a loving family may not give them peace of mind as compared to painting a crappy picture.

Peace of mind comes from self satisfaction and even if somebody gets that from killing people, they can enjoy peace of mind.

^^ They are mutually exclusive. Peace of mind has nothing to do with money and its every subjective to the person.

As I said before, a serial killer may find peace of mind in killing people brutally. He may not care about money or possible consequences. Another may get it from painting pictures even if they have no talent for it and all the money in the world and the best job and a loving family may not give them peace of mind as compared to painting a crappy picture.

Peace of mind comes from self satisfaction and even if somebody gets that from killing people, they can enjoy peace of mind.

With due respect, I think you are taking the discussion to another tangent. I think the op here is trying to compare money v/s satisfaction in your professional life and not the satisfaction you achieve when you pursue what you like to do a.k.a hobbies.

Satisfaction is different in different scenarios in my opinion. The satisfaction you derive from a job, relation, sex, hobbies etc are all different. You can't club them together..

^^ No, my point is quite relevant whether the discussion is about profession or hobbies. Money is the means to an end, not the end itself (at least for most).

Peace of mind comes from self satisfaction. it does not matter whether you are earning 2 lac/month working 15 hours or 50k/ month working only 6 hours per day. A person might be equally dissatisfied with both when he doesn't like what he is doing. On the other hand he may be more at peace earning 50k/month working 15 hours/day on something he love to do than earning 2 lac / month working 6 hours/day on something he doesn't like at all.

It is all subject to the likes and needs of the individual.

^^ No, my point is quite relevant whether the discussion is about profession or hobbies. Money is the means to an end, not the end itself (at least for most).

Peace of mind comes from self satisfaction. it does not matter whether you are earning 2 lac/month working 15 hours or 50k/ month working only 6 hours per day. A person might be equally dissatisfied with both when he doesn't like what he is doing. On the other hand he may be more at peace earning 50k/month working 15 hours/day on something he love to do than earning 2 lac / month working 6 hours/day on something he doesn't like at all.

It is all subject to the likes and needs of the individual.
Well, to be very honest, your example of a rapist or a murderer is pretty extreme. Everyone has to sustain, and for that one has to engage himself in some form of employment. We already have a term for those who find enjoyment in only rapes and murders, psychopaths , and they don't fall in my target group.

For the rest of us, satisfaction depends on the nature of the task. If one loves something, he would automatically put in long ardous hours and he would get rewarded monetarily for that. So...

Back