Monitor Blinks when Speaker Switch On/off?

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

Have Dell S2216H Monitor.

Till last 3 years was using HDMI Cable that arrived with Monitor and all was Ok.

Sicne Jan. 2019 HDMI Cable was connected with Graphic Card Socket and all was Ok.

Desktop Monitor is on (up to 3FT High) wooden Table and Speakers are behind my chair feet (approx 1 meter distance between Monitor & Speakers)

Few days back no display issue strike with old HDMI Cable and use VGA cable with Graphic Card and ALL works OK.

2 days latter bought MX HDMI Cable (v. 1.4) and noticed that Monitor blinks for seconds, when ever I on/off speaker switch. (No such issue noticed with VGA cable)

Exchange that cable for MX HDMI (V.2) cable and same issue is still there.

Just 2 month back bought New Corsair CX 550 Power Supply.

Speakers drawing power from Switch board on wall and monitor connected with APC 550 UPS (UPS main power cable connected to same switch board on wall from where speaker too connected) .

Speakers connected with Cabinet via 3.5mm Jack/Cable (No USB)

All Power connections/switches are checked and are in Perfect condition with perfect earthing/wiring.

Can any one suggest what are (possible issue)? Is Graphic Card's HDMI Port Malfunctioning?

Waiting for your valuable suggestions,

Thank you

Last edited:
Err unable to find this monitor anywhere on the net. If hdmi are you pluggin speakers to monitors jack? That can sometimes cause such issues.

Are you sure?
Yes, tested with spike guard's indicators
Post automatically merged:

Have you removed 3.5mm audio input to speaker from computer and tested?
YES, STILL ISSUE IS THERE

Err unable to find this monitor anywhere on the net. If hdmi are you pluggin speakers to monitors jack? That can sometimes cause such issues.
SORRY my bad, it is Dell 2216H.

Speaker plugin to cabinet front 3.5mm jack

Spike guard probably not working properly and not showing indication properly.

With same spike guard I noticed, 12 month back about NO EARTHING in whole apartment.

Actually our society gets new cabling (all old Meter etc. change by Electricity Company) and they went.

Our Society Electrician connect all Individual Connection to Meter.

Than I noticed my cabinet gave me mild electric shock (also confirm with Tester) and Spike connect to Other System start showing issue (Ground open), than I called electrician for same but he was not agreed with and start checking all connection in my house and finally went down to check at meter box and there he found that in hurry he FORGET to connect Ground cable with earth pole.

So its as usual...the earthing was he culprit.
Electrician will always try to over power you so always show them the spikeguard indications and make them fix it accordingly.

So its as usual...the earthing was he culprit.
Electrician will always try to over power you so always show them the spikeguard indications and make them fix it accordingly.

this is 10-12 months before incidence, I recall, as I want to clarify that, spike guard is showing correct indicators that there is NO ISSUE in line (electric supply + connection).

So I wish to know, what is the reason that my monitor blinks ...... monitor start blinking jsut now when I replaced HDMI cable

I have experience of speakers making some noise while I adjust fan regulators.
Try with another monitor.

If you have a tv try those speakers on it and in the same room and check. Pictures should blink. This will give you a better insight of the issue.

Just bought unbranded Rs.200/- HDMI cable from local store (he promise me if Monitor Blinks, he will take cable back & refund) and problem solved.

Issue was with MX Brand HDMI Cable .... suggest everyone NOT TO BUY any MX Brand Cable (I bought for Rs.400/- Version 2) , they all are made of just a cheap quality material but very good Outer Finish.

Thanks for reply

Just bought unbranded Rs.200/- HDMI cable from local store (he promise me if Monitor Blinks, he will take cable back & refund) and problem solved.

Issue was with MX Brand HDMI Cable .... suggest everyone NOT TO BUY any MX Brand Cable (I bought for Rs.400/- Version 2) , they all are made of just a cheap quality material but very good Outer Finish.

Thanks for reply
Hi, so the blinking trouble is gone forever? i have exactly the same issue like from 3 moths with the speaker thing, i am still working out what to change or test, 1.- regulator, hdmi to vga converter, reinstall os, change the speakers, clean the dust and static electricity, i have changed and tested another converter and port, i have 2 monitors only one blinks, but a don't remember that happening before a put the second one. Thanks you for the follow-up.

Hi, so the blinking trouble is gone forever? i have exactly the same issue like from 3 moths with the speaker thing, i am still working out what to change or test, 1.- regulator, hdmi to vga converter, reinstall os, change the speakers, clean the dust and static electricity, i have changed and tested another converter and port, i have 2 monitors only one blinks, but a don't remember that happening before a put the second one. Thanks you for the follow-up.
No... none of cable works and I return back to cable that I got with DELL Monitor

Back