Monitors Monitor hunt!

Hello all,

For the past few days i've been frantically looking to buy a monitor but i just CAN"T seem to be able to decide :(

Budget 11-12k stretchable by 500 odd. I have read and re read HARD forum thread on the celebrated U2311H and am debating whether it'd be worth squeezing the cash for THAT. Also, I have only a 9800 GTX+ to power it with no scope of upgrading gpu (might do so next year no earlier). So that is one concern while selecting a monitor - Although many 24" "HD" :p fit in the budget, will i be able to play latest games on such huge displays?

My gaming is MOSTLY comprised of but not restricted to FIFA/PES/ NBA : I also have bioshock 2 and Modern WF 2 and company of heroes etc etc. which i haven't yet been able to try out.

Other than that usage mostly involves surfing/ Movie/ Tv series watching. Once request while suggesting monitors with price - PLEASE post links to OL dealers or at least recommendations, I need it shipped to bangalore. I look forward to some suggestions. Meanwhile, i scour the internet.

Cheers!

I am a bit skeptical on suggesting the Dell U2311H display. After reading through the HF thread and users posting their impressions, i'd say wait for a while if you are hell bent on investing in a IPS panel.

Otherwise you could go with the Dell S2409W/ST2410/G2410 or one of those Benq displays. I am unaware of their model numbers.

As for the links of the respective displays, head to the Dell India site and you should find them.

How much does the G2410 cost? I'm sure it doesn't fit in my budget. Also, on dell india site, there are only "yes I'm interested" I didn't find any option to buy.

The site was referred to you to browse through the details and tech specs. AFAIK Dell does not retail LCDs to home users when you send them a price request or quotation.

Contact Buygamingstuff to buy any Dell LCD - he's a registered dealer in the forums.

Benq G2420HD ~ 11k is also a decent buy in ur budget.
One more option is the Samsung P2350 ~ 11k (Pretty hard to find in the market. Guess its EOL)
Else off course the Dell panels suggested by Desecrator.

Thanks :) I contacted buygamingstuff and he said he couldn't get G2410. I will now hunt for p2350. AFAIK, Benq is easily available, so if i don't get the sam or the G2410/2210 then i'll go for the G2420HD

i am using dell st2210 and maybe you can go for dell st2310 or 2409

they are available in market

if you want i can ask a dealer in my area

btw i am from mumbai

What's the difference between BenQ series E and series G? Anybody know for sure? Some say E is for Economy and G for Gaming, while others say that it's the other way round.

Thanks very much guys! - Looks like an E2200 HD is gonna be the one.. also V2200 ECO also falls within budget, but is hard to find - any help there? Also, reviews seem tepid at best for the monitor - what say?

i suggest you choose between BENQ E2200 and DELL ST2210

these both monitors are very good and dell warranty service is better i guess

BenQ monitors are awesome and have wide viewing angle. I am using the 19' G900WD and it has amazing picture quality. I recommend BenQ.

i wud suggest either the del ST2410 od the dell SP2309 , its a 23 inch panel with more than full hd res , with integrated 2 mp cam bit costly at around 14-15k i think ,

or simply get the dell ST2410 , great monitor within ur budget

hey mate m also luking for same...

24" monitor...

hv selected few models...

samsung p2350

viewsonic vx2433wm

benq g2420

all of these hv almost same features..

n these r in b/w 10-11k here in delhi..

will buy hopefully tomorrow d 1 which is easily available..

at this price the dell u2311h is the best option . you can always rma the piece if you see any problems . hardforum threads can easily reach the 5k mark and will take you nowhere . the only thing i hate about this monitor is 16:9 +23" . Also look for ASUS 24"-26" if they are available or not . They have a TN panel at 26"

mate mine hunt hv ended today as i hv bought sam p2350..

in 10800/- got free reebok wrist watch along wid it..

its huge n very nice...

thank you guys.. will check out p2350. Where to buy it ol - I have yet to come across a usable eBay 15% (or similar) coupon. I even signed up hoping i'll get one in email. Other khojguru etc, only 250/- coupon i'm getting. Any help there?

Also P2370 is priced at 16k! or so the article says. Street price can surely not be 4-5k less!

Back