Budget 0-20k Monitor upgrade 144hz

Guys I have question here. Does a gaming monitor strain eyes more?

I wish to buy a 144 Hz gaming monitor for occasional gaming and mostly for coding/business use.

Guys I have question here. Does a gaming monitor strain eyes more?

I wish to buy a 144 Hz gaming monitor for occasional gaming and mostly for coding/business use.
If normal monitor does, then yes. Else only the refresh rate is high. Should not be a problem.

@Marcus Fenix what are your thought on below monitor.

Acer Nitro XV272U 27" IPS Monitor - 1 MS - 144 Hz - 400 Nits - 2560 x 1440 Resolution - USB 3.0 HUB - Height Adjustment Pivot - Stereo Speakers - 2 X HDMI - Display Port with Cables https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07SHPJJZR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Rxg.Db23XBFK1
Acer monitors are pretty good and they are the ones mostly available at a decent price point in India.

However if you look at reddit its a bit of a touch and go in terms of what you get due to Acer's poor quality control.

Acer monitors are pretty good and they are the ones mostly available at a decent price point in India.

However if you look at reddit its a bit of a touch and go in terms of what you get due to Acer's poor quality control.
Yes have experience on laptop part, friends laptops that is.

Okay, a bit of a latepost but I ended up going for BenQ-XL2411P.
The monitor is pretty good but coming from an IPS panel initially I was kinda disappointed with the colors, but calibrating the monitor did make a significant difference. Now, after a couple of months of use I have to say it kinda grew on me.

Now for the 144hz part, initially in the games which can do 144hz felt a lot snappier and crisp, but its something you kinda get used to and the more it gets familiar, the more it would feel like magic. If you ask me if I'm able to get for frags after upgrading to 144hz, well I'm not entirely sure. My KD had improved in Apex and Overwatch I guess, but that could be the practice because during my 60hz days I was mostly playing tanks and support in Overwatch and these days I'm playing mostly Apex and CoD so I guess I'm more dps-ish in my playstyle these days.There could be a contribution of the refresh rate as well in there.

Anyway this monitor does not support GSync or Freesync, so if you are planning to get it do make a note of that(Though so far I haven't faced any tearing issue). The build quality is pretty solid and it is a good monitor to consider, but now some of the Viewsonic monitors are back in stock and I feel they are worth checking out.

Yes i personally have 32" 2k viewsonic 60hz monitor. Only drawback as of now is lack of high refresh rate and i think response time.

LG Ultragear 144Hz,1ms 32" QHD (2K) Gaming Monitor with Radeon Freesync - 32GK650 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07FLGR2PN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Uxj.DbV1MCA9K

This one is some what near. Va panel, 1ms response and 144hz 2k.
I have a Samsung VA panel but I would stay away from them due to the some inherent VA issues with dead pixels(Check Reddit). Luckily my Samsung CFG27 is okay wth that.
The blacks are awesome but the brightness is a bit low. Almost all VA panels that you see in gaming monitors are made by Samsung.
AFAIK in terms of quality and price- TN<VA<IPS<OLED(Out of our reach)

I have a Samsung VA panel but I would stay away from them due to the some inherent VA issues with dead pixels(Check Reddit). Luckily my Samsung CFG27 is okay wth that.
The blacks are awesome but the brightness is a bit low. Almost all VA panels that you see in gaming monitors are made by Samsung.
AFAIK in terms of quality and price- TN<VA<IPS<OLED(Out of our reach)
No buddy its in this way:TN<IPS<VA<OLED(Out of our reach)
VA is best of both worlds ie. TN & IPS
And OLED is way pricey than these 3.

Source:https://www.gamingscan.com/ips-vs-tn-vs-va/

No buddy its in this way:TN<IPS<VA<OLED(Out of our reach)
VA is best of both worlds ie. TN & IPS
And OLED is way pricey than these 3.

Source:https://www.gamingscan.com/ips-vs-tn-vs-va/
VA is supposed to be therotically better than IPS and it was true when first VA panels started popping up in Samsung TVs.
However VA has lower brightness so most probably they will miss the HDR10 stuff which is being pushed as a must-have feature in the godlike monitors right now and will trickle down to us mortals later.

However I have a VA panel and I like the pitch black you can have in VA (along with great contrast ratio) but compared to IPS they have a bit more color shift.

But like I said the current crop of VA panels made by Samsung have an issue with dead pixels and g2g changes. Compared to that the higher end IPS monitors are better(except Acer which has a reputation for backlight bleed).

Thats why you see the tier one monitors are all IPS but the midrange ones use VA panels.

The VA tech had way more potential compared to IPS (BLB was a major issue for even high end IPS back then) when it first came out but has been unable to make the strides IPS has.

TLDR If you can spend in the vicinity of 50k go for the Arous AD27QD or the awesome LG 27GL850(provided the buggers launch it in India).

If you are spending 25k or so go for the Samsung CFG27 1440p 144 Hz VA panel

If you are in the purgatory between these two budget ranges go for the Acer Nitro series but be prepared for panel lottery in terms of QC.

P.S. The Asus TUF monitors seem nice but can't see them for sale in India anyways.

Back