Monitors Monitor Warranty Confusion (From Date of Manufacture/Date of Purchase) Whichever comes earlier

rainbow9

Recruit
Just seen that both Benq and samsung state that the warranty is from the manufacturing date or from the date of invoice,WHICHEVER COMES EARLIER.

From Benq
LCD Monitors
39 months from the date of manufacturing or 36 months from the date of
invoice (POP) whichever is earlier

From Samsung
24 months from date of purchase / 27 months from month of manufacture whichever is earlier ( for 15" CDT monitors).

36 months from date of purchase / 39 months from month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for 17" or greater CDT monitors and all LCD-TFT monitors).

12 months from date of purchase / 15 months from the month of manufacture whichever is earlier (for all plasma monitor models).

Does this mean that if i happen to buy a monitor after 6 months from manufacturing date i lose 3 months warranty? How can a customer confirm the manufacturing date if the product is not in stock or he is planning to buy online?

Does any one know anything about this? Please share.I had bad RMA Experiences early so highly sceptical

Well to put my words on this, here is my experience but with a mobo:

4 years back I had to replace an Asus mobo and unfortunately Rashi was the one who looked after Asus.:eek:
I gave them my mobo explaining my problem ( Dimm slots issues, ram wasn't getting detected on no. 2 & 4 slots).
They gave me the collection receipt and dint asked me for any bill as everything goes via Serial No. Cool enough!!

I got a cal after 2 days that my mobo is out of warranty I was like :wtf: wtf?? & they asked me to collect the mobo.
Now this drove me nuts!! I went with my original bill and they said its fine but we honor products from manufactured date. I argued there like anything and even got the person from whom I bought the mobo. Finally after 3 hour long heated argument I was asked to mail somebody in Rashi and they agreed to keep the mobo.
Came back after 2 days with the email reply and my mobo was replaced by a higher version within next 5 days. So all this shit took my 10-12 days though I got a brand new mobo.
Since then I have decided not to buy product which is serviced by rashi. Off late though I heard they have improved but I'll stick to what I experienced.:mad:

But at that time there wasnt any such strict policy but still people used to get replacements/repairs on the purchase invoice though after some argument.
No idea whats the status today as havent bought any setup lately. Though bought a Dell Led in mid 2011, its official warranty was showing 26 days before my purchase date warranty expiry. :meh:

Thanks for the reply.I have asked Benq India support to forward my mail to the head of customer service of Benq India,still no response. Im checking this because i had similar issues like the one you had mentioned.Why should we argue,if its the right of the customer to get the warranty from the date of purchase,The manufacturing date warranty is simply stupid.
BTW "was showing 26 days before my purchase date warranty expiry" Does this mean that your new monitor had only 26 days of warranty?

@rainbow9 - A 3 months grace period is given for all products from the date of manufacturing and within this period, the dealer is supposed to clear the sotck and if the buyer purchases the item, beyond this period, obviously he loses warranty. This is the practice adopted from time immemorial. The reason is, manufacturers dont encourage the item stocked for more than 3 months as new products launch in the market and may be service centers may get into some trouble if an item is sold after it has become obsolete. I am not very sure on this part, but on the other hand ff there is a meagre difference of just 15 to 30 days after the expiry of the 3 months grace period , then warranty may be welcome, but even that depends upon the manufacturer/service center policy..

The customer has to take the risk of losing warranty if he choses the online route. But he can insist for an undertaking that the product is within the grace period before buying .

Thanks for the reply @jinvidia ,Just a got reply from Benq.They do provide warranty even if the customer un-knowingly purchased an old stock product,if the invoice copy is produced.
Please close this thread.

Benq Support is pathetic. For 2.5 months I have been following up BenQ support for my monitor under warranty repair.

I did numerous calls to Mr Raj Kumar - 9599722284 ( their manager ) for my case id : BLR2309025223152 (vendor ref num: R230900193) which was opened on 2nd Sep 2023 and still open on 15th Nov 2023.

Back