Monsters Inc. by Lian Li

rPOk said:
Is this a thread about how cool my stuff is or is it about how bigger my pocket is compared to my brains....

47k on a damn cabby! This could get a year's education for 50 poor children.

No this thread is actually about "Look how big my epen1us is"

Though if one has the money and the passion then why not...

Congrats on the purchase.

ab1 said:
hmm, isnt this case avail for around 21k in the US, so how come its 47k here.Looks uber cool though ,but i would have suggested the xaser 6 to him for around 12k lol which would have been around the same dimensions
No sir.. the Thermaltake Xaser VI is much smaller compared to this cabinet..
Its about the same size as a antec 1200.
The ABS is in a league of its on and its the ONLY member of the league..
What a league !!!
lol
sweet stuff sarang.. !! sweeettt :)

What is wrong with everyone harping on about the money? He has oodles of it and he's spending it! I don't hear people b**chin on spending tons on booze and stuff.

Even here at my place, ppl go on about my "lavishness" in buying the Xaser etc when they don't think twice about spending 20k on some bottle of scotch!

I've read some stoopid comments about that much money being able to feed this many number of poor or such. BS! That ice-cream you buy in Baskin's or that coffee in Barista's can also feed quite a few, so quit the moral high ground just cos some one has a lot more to spend!

@sarang, your cuz is not stoopid. Congratulations to him for the purchase and the capability to afford it!

Even here at my place, ppl go on about my "lavishness" in buying the Xaser etc when they don't think twice about spending 20k on some bottle of scotch!

Hehe, although I am sure a snap poll will reveal an incredibly larger number of people willing to grab the Scotch over this Cabby if both were being doled out for free and you could choose just one :devil2:

Personally, for me, cabinets are a monstrosity that are best hidden away in a corner leaving only the Monitor and UI devices in sight, but then I am a bit of a minimalist when it comes to computing devices...

All my PCs are hidden away from view except for my HTPC box (which unfortunately isn't small enough to be stashed away in a corner )

Anyway, if one has 50K to blow, and cabinets are what get him/her a high, so be it

I'd love to hear back what stuff went inside the cabinet though :)

superczar said:
back what stuff went inside the cabinet though :)
As of now

Core i7 920 on a Rampage II Extreme
2 GTX280 SSCs
3x2 GB Corsair Dominator DHX3 1600MHz
Asus Xonar DX
1TB x 2 Seagate
160GB Velociraptor
1xLG DVDRW

thread title should be changed to

"Buri nazarwalon tumhara mooh kaala "

OR

"Lene wala jab bhi leta 47k chhapar faadke "

:ashamed:

This is peanuts for his cuzz imho. :)

Congrats to Sarang's cuzz. :hap2:
Congrats to Sarang for what he might get offloaded to himself later. :lol:

I think i too might have a long lost brother (lost in some mela), who was adopted by someone who owned diamond mines in Africa. :gap:
Time to search for him- bhhaiyyaa...:detect:

@fah33m: read bikeys post again, it'll come from the guy do deserves all the congos of this thread. That too at a throwaway cost :D

Hehe, Naga's post made sense. I find it absolutely atrocious spending 20k on a phone, but every second person I meet has a 20k phone !!!

But that said I will never spend 47k on a case :p I spendt 3.5k on my present case, and thats the max I am gonna spend on cases...

Well, people here don't seem to get it, Its up to the fellow to spend his money the way he chooses. Everyone have their own interests and people don't mind spending a premium on things that they care about. While you guy's may not share his interest and think he is wasting his money, You cannot call him crazy for spending 50k on a Cabby. Its something he cares about. As long as you are spending your own hard earned money and not your parent's you have are justified in spending it on on whatever takes your fancy and whatever makes you feel happy.

We have people who don't mind spending 30~40k on a graphics card which will run your games for a year before loosing 80% of its value and has far more chances of completely becoming worthless before a a 50k cabby does.

For that matter, don't we see people spending more than a lac rupees on a bloody Audio setup, or 50k for a damned Wrist watch. Then we also have people who spend 10 Lac on a car or have wet dreams about a Ferrari when the basic purpose of transportation is also met by a Maruti 800.

Its the same thing. You don't mind spending a premium if it makes you happy and you think you are getting yours moneys worth. Lian Li is the Cabinet equivalent of the Ferrari.

Naga said:

Same here. People at my office think I am crazy because I spent 12k on my Stacker 830 or that I have more than 2TB of disk space on my PC or that I bought PS3, XBOX Elite and PSP and I buy PS3 originals costing 2.5~3k each. Bloody hell, I am not calling them crazy for buying a 12 Lac Car for driving to the office or spending insane amounts of money on booze.

^^^ Very Well said :D . Why don't people understand its personal taste.
Why don't people say 35k for a phone when one can get a phone free with a postpaid connection, 90k for that watch when one can get some what replica of the same watch for peanuts on the streets...
@Sarang >>> Amazing case man, simply amazing.....

Back