Android More spam calls after reporting spam

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination but i seem to be getting more spam calls after i started reporting spam calls/robocallers.
anyone else experienced this?
Using a samsung m13 if that helps.
gone back to only blocking the number instead.

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination but i seem to be getting more spam calls after i started reporting spam calls/robocallers.
anyone else experienced this?
Using a samsung m13 if that helps.
gone back to only blocking the number instead.
Buggers don't even spare landline.
Using truecaller to block on mobile, mostly works but time to time I've have also observed sudden surge in spam calls.
Additionally I have this problem.

Last edited:
This is how I reduced spam calls on my mobile to 5-10%

Register for Full DND
Answer each and every spam call for 5-10 seconds just to know what its about
Immediately file a complaint to dnd (1909) after spammers call
Within 3-4 days their number will be limited/blocked by carrier.
Rinse and Repeat

Within 15-20 days of first complaint I notice reduction in spam calls and over time it has been reduced to 1 calls every 3-4 days whereas I use to face 1-2 call every hour literally. I guess they flag you as Red when you start getting their numbers disconnected cause it hurts their wallet.

Irrespective of reporting such calls to 1909 and carrier and even using TC, the spamming happens. The moment the spammers sense they have been blocked, they resort to a newer no. and this goes on. Getting a new no. is as simple as abc at least in India and then we have those vpn calls where there are endless possibilities such as the new whatsapp spamming.

I used to report spam to 1909/ carrier couple of years back but have totally left it since then as spam is the new world which cannot be totally ignored and is now a part of our lives. Accidentally or purposely you have to attend one of such calls.

Back in golden rooting days there were few modules which used to block spam nos. with ease but sadly now no more root and so TC is the only way.

Worst is robotic calls which are growing at a rapid rate.
Also, spamming/spammers are active at their best on weekends as if they have signed up for weekend working jobs.

The best option I used in TC is block all except phonebook but sometimes have to toggle that for deliveries/ola/uber etc. when the person directly calls for a valid reason.

Apply for loan at one bank and see what happens.

I have two numbers, one is very new and no one knows this number. The other one I had for more than a decade. The old number is tagged to banks. I really really want to put this number in a dumb phone and keep it in silent mode forever. I can’t do that because Paytm and all banking apps expect the sim to be in same phone.

I gave up on reporting spam calls/SMS via TRAI app. What "seems" to work for me is never answering calls from unknown numbers (except when I'm expecting deliveries etc) - let it ring for the full 30 seconds, don't reject it. Spam algorithms are smart to tag your no. as a waste of time after trying a couple of times.

And since smart phones can virtually save an unlimited no. of contacts, I even have my local postman's number saved (He was surprised I addressed him by name when he called about a parcel :D). Generally I ignore all unknown numbers.

Funny incident from yesterday: while I was AT the service centre getting my car serviced, I got cold called by someone from sales department. (Answered it since I was waiting for someone to find the part number of something I wanted to backorder) Asked him to come find me to talk in person. Then told him I was not at all interested in buying, but would be more than interested in test drives. Will give him a call after festivals and see how he will react lol
There's no telling where your number/personal data can be "shared"

Spamming works...because it works. So stop answering them and make them unfeasible.

Back