Most emotionally appealing storyline(s)

^^ MAX PAYNE: PAYNE & REDEMPTION - THE INDEPENDENT FILM

i think the movie is continuing part after the game max payne 2 so those who havent played maxpayne 1 and 2, will hardly understand d movie. btw i think movie is releasing before the release of max payne 3 game.

the best dialogue in Max Payne 2

"The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free."
"

this is roughly i remember. comes just in the starting of the game. the way payne said, broke my heart (at that time, i just broke with my GF)
anyways.. Max payne is another touchy game with extreme dialogues.

maxpayne series

metal gear series

the longest journey and dreamfall

grim fandango

eternal darkness sanity's requiem

and..

pokemon

Undoubtedly Warcraft has one of the best storylines right through the series, W3 in particular had a gripping storyline.. and ofcourse noone makes a cutscene like blizzard

Monkey island 1 and 2 - if anyone has played no. 2 and seen the ending - all i can say is that the wachowskis should have looked at this to come up with an ending to matrix revolutions - 3 and 4 are also good but 2 is the best in terms of story.

@gekkou - glad someone mentioned fandango - awesome game...

PhOeNiX said:
well, the Prince in SOT , and Guybrush Threepwood (nebody remember him ????:D)
of course good old guybrush star of monkey island,.... man those were some awesome titles - i always wondered what happened to the 5th instalment of the series they were talking about in the 4th game :)

I forgot to mention MAFIA - the best gangster game made ever (next to GTA ofcourse :) ) that was a classic mob tale if there ever was one. Perfect ending too...... now only if the cops would shoot at somebody other than tommy.

Yep, the ending of Mafia was sad indeed, when he died. :(

Not the most appealing storyline, but COD series was very realistic from start to finish. Made me think and feel like a comrade for two days even after finishing them. :rofl: Waiting for their next title.

By the way, anyone felt like Lara croft after playing the series? :bleh::bleh:

There's another game which I had forgotten to add, the game is Thief Dark Project, the story line of this one had real emotional impact on me, rite after Garret was betrayed by his employers.

Back