CPU/Mobo motherboard help for existing pc. MB died :(

anil_sethi

Disciple
my 2 year old pc mother have fever want new better mother who can handle and ready to adopt 2 yr old pc babies (pc parts )
<

my rig :

CPU- Intel core2duo 2.8ghz

RAM- ADATA 2gbx2 ddr2 ram

gfx- nvidia gt 8400 512 graphics card.

psu- zebronic 450watt.

mother- asus p5qlcm having pcie x16 slot.

( dead dead mother.... dead )

suggest me a motherboard support ddr2 ram or ddr3 ram with core2duo and core i5 support.and having pcie 2.0 x16 slot.

I don't know what to upgrade or what to take with me. in 10,000 price total confuse.

another question will msi twin frozr 2 1 gb gfx will run with my core2duo cpu and zebronics 450 w and ddr2 ram? ?

sorry for my noob questions.

pc expert help me to get together mother with its child
<

thanks and TC members rocks always ready to help in busy life.

can any motherboard exit which support core2duo and corei3/i5 both individually for further update.

and can I put ddr2 now and ddr3 ram later on.

and yes main purpose is animation but have only 10k to update.

help me to put elephant in a small bath tub
<

suggest me a motherboard support ddr2 ram or ddr3 ram with core2duo and core i5 support.and having pcie 2.0 x16 slot.

Go for a Gigabyte G41 board which has support for DDR2 and DDR3. There is no board with C2D and Core i support
<

I don't know what to upgrade or what to take with me. in 10,000 price total confuse.

For 10K, out of which around 2~3K will go for the mobo, spend the remaining cash on a AMD 7750 GPU.
another question will msi twin frozr 2 1 gb gfx will run with my core2duo cpu and zebronics 450 w and ddr2 ram? ?

Yes, but your existing CPU will be a bottle neck for the GPU. That is, if the SMPS does not burn out first
<

sorry for my noob questions.

pc expert help me to get together mother with its child
<

Dont worry, we will re unite mother and father and daughter and son if you want
<

thanks and TC members rocks always ready to help in busy life.

Doh! 'TE' members
<

can any motherboard exit which support core2duo and corei3/i5 both individually for further update.

NO. Already explained.
and can I put ddr2 now and ddr3 ram later on.

Yes.
and yes main purpose is animation but have only 10k to update.

Whatever! : shrugs:

help me to put elephant in a small bath tub
<

Not possible : Increase your 10K tub to a bigger one.

GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo-2.7k suits your requirements,it supports ddr2 and ddr3 ram but sorry you can't get the mobo which supports c2d and i3 or i5 cause the it's socket is different.Whcih MSI twin frozr are you talking about?,is it HD6850,if yes then your C2D will bottleneck and your psu won't be able to handle it.

omg what a fast response. many many thanks both of you.

@jakob I am talking about msi 560ti twin frozr 2.

1. is all smps can be same size and fitted in any cabinet? ?

2. will all smps can be work with any motherboard? if I add 600w psu to core2duo cpu in GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo will it burn it? ?

3. suggest me smps which can handle msi twin frozr 2 560ti ?

4. and how will be the performance of msi twin frozr with core2duo cpu. I.e in rendering.

5. suggest me a case low budget but enough air pass to handle this gfx.

6. if u r in my place what will u update in 10k - in betn psu,cpu,motherboard,ram ( except gfx exclude it ).

7. sorry for idiotic question.

First of all any psu won't burn any of the components
<
,secondly you should upgrade cpu and mobo,ram+psu before adding GTX560TI.

CPU-Intel i3 2100-6.2k OR Intel G620-3.5k

MOBO-Intel DH67Bl-B3-5.6k OR Intel DH61WW-3.5k

Ram-Corsair XMS3 2X2gb 1333mhz-1.5k OR Gskill Ripjaws 2X2gb 1333mhz-1.5k

PSU-Seasonic S12ii 520W-3.6k[considering you'll add Gtx560ti]

CASE-Nzxt Gamma-2.1k

This is what you'd get,sell your existing rig and add few bucks to get this.

@anil: chances are slim you will get these "combo" motherboards that support both types of ram, ie ddr2 and ddr3. Most LGA 775(ur cpu socket type) boards these days are coming in ddr3 format only.DDr2 versionsa re rare and are priced atl;east 500 bucks more than their ddr3 cousins.Prices for ddr3 based mobos range from 2k(2 year warranty) to 2.4k(3 yrs warranty).

Also do note diff mobo manufcturers have diff ram capacity limit,SOme have capped it at 4gb , while some have it at 8gb.

Regarding ur smps powering the 560Ti,

1. Ur curent PSU just isnt cut out for it.You will have to upgrade to something better, bigger,reliable.You have a lot of choices in 500-600W bracket , price wise 3-4k. I will advise a 600W coz i think a bigger psu nver hurts and is one compnent u dont have to "upgrade" after a few years if ur initial investment is good.
<

2. All ATX powersupples have a sandard to dollow in case of dimensions sobe sure it will with 99% probaility in ur exisying case. that 1 % of uncertainty is from the fact that some generic cabinets have a baby atx (width same but length half) and the position is so cramped that even tucking waya extra unsused cables become a headache. A decent psu(non modular ) will have loads of cables.trust me. Soe time case designs are so bad that u literally sweat to plug in the power cable of the ODD as it sits very close to the PSU face,

Finally whther you should upgrade is totally a personal choice.

Core 2 Duo have a hard time these days cutting games. The only C2d i bet my money on is the e8XXX series, and that too overclocked. Since your not gonna overclock, that cpu may pose as a bottleneck for the that GPU.

IMHO LGA 775 is a dead architecture and you should stick to it only if you have compelling reasons.

Else as others have suggested , upgrade. But keep the timing correct as new cpu`'s are coming out.

Back