CPU/Mobo Motherboard not booting up! (Rampage III formula)

AnkushT

Disciple
hey guys i assembled my PC a couple of months back and it was running fine (bought a few components off the TP too). It suddenly stopped booting up last week. no lights, no fans, nothing. i thought it was a PSU problem so got that RMA'ed. today i installed the new PSU with all new wiring and tried booting up the PC but it did not start. i removed the GPU & RAM and tried booting again. there was nothing happening. the only LED i see is the BIOS amber light which stays on, other than that there is no sound/boot up happening

Can you guys suggest how to troubleshoot this whole thing? Appreciate your advice

Specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon W3520
Mobo: Asus Rampage III Formula Motherboard
RAM: Patriot Viper II DDR3 2000Mhz CL8
GPU: Zotac GTX 580
PSU: Corsair AX 850
HDD: Intel X25-V 40 GB

Removing RAM wont give you any display bro. How many modules of RAM do you have??

If using two, then try booting your PC with one module at a time.

If using one, then try booting your PC with that module in different slots.

redid the whole build. still no dice :( have pm'ed shripad for support Q's as well :D the CPU fan does not spin when i press start

Btw, anyone know specialized PC assemblers in Bangalore who could help track the problem? it's sort of a medium-high end rig and general tech support people aren't of any help?

Does the board give you beep codes when you power the PC without the RAM? If no, then the problem is with the board, the motherboard.

iyengar said:
where u located at....depends you know

Bangalore :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rogues said:
Does the board give you beep codes when you power the PC without the RAM? If no, then the problem is with the board, the motherboard.

nope. no beeps without the RAM

chiragsthakur said:
Motherboard issue it seems :) Are you sure that you have installed the buzzer on your mobo ;) (just checking)

:) pretty sure i have. unless the buzzer doesnt work ;) now how would i test that :)

Well I think a you can try giving it supply by a 1.5vdc cell. If its working, it will give some kind of cracking sound of very low amplitude. :)

But I think your Motherboard needs to go for a check

Did you reset the jumpers and remove battery.
Although iam a noob i have solved similar issues like these of my friends and mine by doing the above thing.

Steps:
1)Place the Jumpers in clear CMOS mode.
2)After 5 sec place them in their original position.
3)Then remove batttey and keeep it again.

Hope this might help,else RMA your MB.

Back