CPU/Mobo Motherboard Rma issue

BabyBoss

Patron
Recruit
I have x570 asus prime pro motherboard it's suddenly stopped working yesterday I want to claim rma but my first pcie slot retention Clip is missing will it create any issue while claiming warranty?

Attachments

• IMG-20230816-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230816-WA0001.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 116
I have x570 asus prime pro motherboard it's suddenly stopped working yesterday I want to claim rma but my first pcie slot retention Clip is missing will it create any issue while claiming warranty?

Looks like that's just the way it is going by the second pic here.

Your option is to find a similar board (dead / notworking) , these pci e latches are easily removable. Take from donor board and attach to this board and submit for rma
Since you are in Mumbai, you can visit Lamington road or such places and scout for boards.

Your option is to find a similar board (dead / notworking) , these pci e latches are easily removable. Take from donor board and attach to this board and submit for rma
Since you are in Mumbai, you can visit Lamington road or such places and scout for boards.
its difficult to find similar clip but have one fully black coloured Clip will it work??
Looks like that's just the way it is going by the second pic here.

yes its same model

What makes you think it's missing? Did something break off earlier that you know about or is it just that you noticed recently that something looks to be missing? Like psypher posted above, comparing with the product images it doesn't look to be broken.

Edit: Wait maybe I misunderstood - is the image in your first post not your actual motherboard? :tearsofjoy:

I'm unsure if the first pic is of your actual mobo or from the net.

I have replaced motherboards without cpu and nvme covers so this is just a petty thing and shouldn't create any issue afaik.

If in doubt just walk-into any lamington shop and get the doubt cleared, still no harm walking in the service center.

Bruh
What makes you think it's missing? Did something break off earlier that you know about or is it just that you noticed recently that something looks to be missing? Like psypher posted above, comparing with the product images it doesn't look to be broken.

Edit: Wait maybe I misunderstood - is the image in your first post not your actual motherboard?

You can clearly see in first Slot the retention clip has been replaced by another board clip will it consider as out of warranty? i dont have original one with me :(
Update! given motherboard for Rma they said we can't approve due to Oxidation but still they said we need 1-2 days time we will forward to Hub and they will decide it will Get Rma'ed for Reject :(

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-08-16 at 6.32.37 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-08-16 at 6.32.37 PM.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Update! given motherboard for Rma they said we can't approve due to Oxidation
Lol! oxidation will be there by default in Indian environment. Lame reason for rejection. I have given rusted mobos and cards for replacement nobody ever gave such reasons.
Anyways, hope it gets approved.

There is no plastic cover on previous gen AMD boards
1 pcie slot has slighlty rust its barely visible still they point it out
Lol! oxidation will be there by default in Indian environment. Lame reason for rejection. I have given rusted mobos and cards for replacement nobody ever gave such reasons.
Anyways, hope it gets approved.
lets see will give update once i get any msg from them i ask my frnd he said he's msi rx 580 got rejected due to same reason of oxidation he got mail from them within 2 days most importantly both brand handled by F1 soltution :(

Last edited:
Back