CPU/Mobo Motherboard Woes

hanifv

Disciple
Hey guys...I got my rig in july last year...

Core Config:

C2D E6600
XFX 650i mobo
CoolerMaster 600
Galaxy 8600GT Factory OC
Corsair 1GB x 2 667 RAM

Purchaced this from prime abgb at lammy. Couple of weeks ago the motherboard went kaput :mad: and I sent it to prime for replacement.

After waiting for some days and constantly calling them up to see if it was replaced yet...I got a call from them today saying that the xfx 650i has been discontinued and my options are as follows:

1) They will replace it with an asus p5nsli instead
2) They will replace it with a p5n-e sli but I have to pay 2k more
3) Get a cash payback. They would cut about 5% of the original cost which was 5.3k

What do you think I should go for? I don't think I need SLI and I am not an OC enthusiast (atleast not for now). If you think I should get the money back and buy some other mobo...please suggest me a good mobo that fits my needs.

I need to make a fast decision as I need to get my PC back to life ASAP. So please help me out guys...:huh:

hanifv said:
Hey guys...I got my rig in july last year...

Core Config:

C2D E6600
XFX 650i mobo
CoolerMaster 600
Galaxy 8600GT Factory OC
Corsair 1GB x 2 667 RAM

Purchaced this from prime abgb at lammy. Couple of weeks ago the motherboard went kaput :mad: and I sent it to prime for replacement.

After waiting for some days and constantly calling them up to see if it was replaced yet...I got a call from them today saying that the xfx 650i has been discontinued and my options are as follows:

1) They will replace it with an asus p5nsli instead
2) They will replace it with a p5n-e sli but I have to pay 2k more
3) Get a cash payback. They would cut about 5% of the original cost which was 5.3k

What do you think I should go for? I don't think I need SLI and I am not an OC enthusiast (atleast not for now). If you think I should get the money back and buy some other mobo...please suggest me a good mobo that fits my needs.

I need to make a fast decision as I need to get my PC back to life ASAP. So please help me out guys...:huh:

Get the cash Back !!!!!.....Right away !....since u already have a GPU and u dont need to go GPU hunting , get the Biostar P35 or the Abit P35.....both would be awsome picks.......since u are almost going to get 5k back!...thats the best u can do :) .....

Get the money hanzy, dont again go for the 6x0i motherboards wont do you any good, so go for a IP35-E worth it and besides u get a new P35 chipset :)

memnom said:
Get the money hanzy, dont again go for the 6x0i motherboards wont do you any good, so go for a IP35-E worth it and besides u get a new P35 chipset :)

errrr...hanif! ...u are requested to hand over the money to me :bleh: as mentioned by memnom.......

lol , that makes it +2 for the cash.........dont loose the opportunity.......and dont even dream of the ASUS motherboard....!

thanks a lot guys!!

so is the Abit-IP35-E the best choice to go with? I was just reading this topic here, and it seems like some people are facing problems with it?

What about biostar? or perhaps any other mobos I should look at? or should I just get the Abit-IP35-E?

Thanks in advance!

Well Bios updates sort out most problems in the ABit ip35E.... i m also getting it next month.... best VFM mobo at the moment with awesome OC potential

hanzy said:
Get the cash Back !!!!!.....Right away !....since u already have a GPU and u dont need to go GPU hunting , get the Biostar P35 or the Abit P35.....both would be awsome picks.......since u are almost going to get 5k back!...thats the best u can do :) .....

+1, esp wen ur basicaly sellin ur board with only 5% loss in value :eek:hyeah: just run with the cash n get the abit P35, newer chipset etc. n thats among the best in the market now. :)

Jaspreetrattan said:
are they so bad :huh: asking because buying a maximus formula in a week or two

no high ASUS board are pretty good.... don't worry.... service sucks though thru Rashi

They told me they were't sure about the amount that I will get back if I chose the cash back and said they will confirm it and get back to me. Today they called me and said I will only get 4k back :(. Thats a cut of 1.3k!! :mad:

Are they ripping me off? Should I still go for a cash back? If yes should I still add 1.4k approx and go for the abit IP35-E ?

Back