Motherboards Dying and I can't find the cause

@burntwingzZz that's the thing . I am a recruit so I cannot use WTB thread and the chances the type of psu I want will show up in FS threads is pretty low as of now.
But think I'm gonna buy used from gameloot or new from Amazon. I think gameloot is nice as I had no problems for my other processor before . What do you think ?

@mods please close this thread

Hello , I am back with the previous problem I posted in this thread. To sum it up the 'computer store guys' (not 1 but 3) said that my motherboard was dead even when my cpu fan was spinning as there was no display. I posted about it here and bought a new psu after the members suggested one.
But I asked for the replacement of my motherboard as it contained a 3 year warranty. After being mentally destroyed while enquiring about the status for almost 2 weeks , just when I thought it was gone forever , they replaced it and sent me a new one. The staff on the phone said that the motherboard that I sent was still WORKING.

I was a bit shocked but tested out my new motherboard to see if I had any good news but the problem was not fixed. I called the service center, they asked to send over the motherboard including processor and ram, they inspected it and said that my ram was faulty and replaced me a new one.

I received the package containing the parts, plugged in the wires , fan spins to life but no signal. Then I took out the ram just wiped the pins and blew some air and repeated it. The pc magically turned on. That was yesterday.

Today when I turned on the pc , same problem but removing the ram and reseating did not help. I had to plug out my graphics card and processor, put on a backup processor and restart it to get it working.
But the surprising part is that reseating the old parts into the system after this allows the system to boot. So I wanted to ask what may be the problem ?

Thanks for reading a lengthy article.

Are you sure there's no issue with electricity connection in your room? (Poor or no earthing or something like that)

But the surprising part is that reseating the old parts into the system after this allows the system to boot. So I wanted to ask what may be the problem ?
Just fyi, someone I know had faced an issue where pc won't boot up after few seconds of fan spinning & after days of testing turned out the reason was improper fitting of cpu cooler so do check that while reinstalling the processor the cpu cooler was mounted & secured properly. This system was working fine for years though btw before this issue.

Today when I turned on the pc , same problem but removing the ram and reseating did not help. I had to plug out my graphics card and processor, put on a backup processor and restart it to get it working.

Try in another room another socket. Better get a technician to inspect the mains and wiring.

Are you sure there's no issue with electricity connection in your room? (Poor or no earthing or something like that)
Sorry for late reply. But no the power outlets are grounded and are functioning properly because the grounding was done by a technician a few days ago during which he also inspected the mains and said it was okay to handle the load

Just fyi, someone I know had faced an issue where pc won't boot up after few seconds of fan spinning & after days of testing turned out the reason was improper fitting of cpu cooler so do check that while reinstalling the processor the cpu cooler was mounted & secured properly. This system was working fine for years though btw before this issue.
May I ask how was the cooler involved in this ? I get that parts like motherboard,processor, etc can cause the problem but had no idea that this could also be caused by a cpu fan.
So detailing as to why the fan was the culprit could help me understand better.

Hello , I am back with the previous problem I posted in this thread. To sum it up the 'computer store guys' (not 1 but 3) said that my motherboard was dead even when my cpu fan was spinning as there was no display. I posted about it here and bought a new psu after the members suggested one.
But I asked for the replacement of my motherboard as it contained a 3 year warranty. After being mentally destroyed while enquiring about the status for almost 2 weeks , just when I thought it was gone forever , they replaced it and sent me a new one. The staff on the phone said that the motherboard that I sent was still WORKING.

I was a bit shocked but tested out my new motherboard to see if I had any good news but the problem was not fixed. I called the service center, they asked to send over the motherboard including processor and ram, they inspected it and said that my ram was faulty and replaced me a new one.

I received the package containing the parts, plugged in the wires , fan spins to life but no signal. Then I took out the ram just wiped the pins and blew some air and repeated it. The pc magically turned on. That was yesterday.

Hey bro! i have similar system 10 years old, i5-3570 is a fantastic CPU, still, but their times are gone, i had a premier intel board, DZ77BH55K, the board died once around 2013, and i got a replacement, it still is running, coz its from a premier brand called INTEL ;P, this is the generation, Intel stopped manufacturing MOBOs for commercial purposes.. so recently what happened is i powered the Board to take a NVMe in its kitty in a Pcie socket, it worked beautifully for 1 Year and now the PCIe sockets are dead, meaning its buggy, no GPU is recognized, so now, despite the problem, the Mobo is stable and i use the iGPU onboard the CPU...it worked for a Decade., really great, and i have used it to its maximum potential, you can't get such MOBOs anymore, as the production is over and discontinued... i cant comment anymore about it..

Having said all these particulars, what you are facing is a MOBO problem which is normal thing with discontinued products, if u are lucky it will function well, otherwise it will break havoc and headaches, But time is precious, try to get SECOND HAND branded boards like DB75 Gigabyte, or ASUS DB75 kinda boards, or even better boards like DZ68 or DZ77 branded boards which might resolve your issues, but mind you, the life of the board can withstand another couple of years max..

May I ask how was the cooler involved in this ? I get that parts like motherboard,processor, etc can cause the problem but had no idea that this could also be caused by a cpu fan.
So detailing as to why the fan was the culprit could help me understand better.
My guess is that cpu cooler was not installed/secured properly the first time & with years passed the thermal paste dried up enough & the spring based screw (the stock ryzen cooler/intel probably too) also got a bit loose resulting in minor shifting of cooler/processor contact.

My guess is that cpu cooler was not installed/secured properly the first time & with years passed the thermal paste dried up enough & the spring based screw (the stock ryzen cooler/intel probably too) also got a bit loose resulting in minor shifting of cooler/processor contact.
Checked but it was tight and there was contact with the processor. The previous thermal paste was replaced by me some time ago so that takes care of the drying issue.

Hey bro! i have similar system 10 years old, i5-3570 is a fantastic CPU, still, but their times are gone, i had a premier intel board, DZ77BH55K, the board died once around 2013, and i got a replacement, it still is running, coz its from a premier brand called INTEL ;P, this is the generation, Intel stopped manufacturing MOBOs for commercial purposes.. so recently what happened is i powered the Board to take a NVMe in its kitty in a Pcie socket, it worked beautifully for 1 Year and now the PCIe sockets are dead, meaning its buggy, no GPU is recognized, so now, despite the problem, the Mobo is stable and i use the iGPU onboard the CPU...it worked for a Decade., really great, and i have used it to its maximum potential, you can't get such MOBOs anymore, as the production is over and discontinued... i cant comment anymore about it..

Having said all these particulars, what you are facing is a MOBO problem which is normal thing with discontinued products, if u are lucky it will function well, otherwise it will break havoc and headaches, But time is precious, try to get SECOND HAND branded boards like DB75 Gigabyte, or ASUS DB75 kinda boards, or even better boards like DZ68 or DZ77 branded boards which might resolve your issues, but mind you, the life of the board can withstand another couple of years max..

i am planning to clear off this combo of DZ77BH55K and i5-3570 with premium corsair vengeance RAMs 3 x 4GB 1600MHz, with one bug that is PCIe slots are dead.. as this is not a sales thread, we can discuss in private channel if at all you are interested...
I need to connect this to my tv to make it an essentialy bigger monitor and sometimes to just bing watch shows. Due to this the igpu may have some trouble as noticed by me when comparing the images given by gpu and that of igpu. So thanks for the offer but I have to decline it . Was thinking to make this my DIY project but seems that was a no go.

i am planning to clear off this combo of DZ77BH55K and i5-3570 with premium corsair vengeance RAMs 3 x 4GB 1600MHz, with one bug that is PCIe slots are dead.. as this is not a sales thread, we can discuss in private channel if at all you are interested...
Also I get that the first motherboard was dead (asus) but the next ones that were problematic were checked by the repair guy on a video call. Seems like reseating the ram does the issue but he still issued me a new ram and a board. The 2nd board may be problematic but it has to be a very unlucky coincidence that the 3rd replaced board also has that problem

Also I get that the first motherboard was dead (asus) but the next ones that were problematic were checked by the repair guy on a video call. Seems like reseating the ram does the issue but he still issued me a new ram and a board. The 2nd board may be problematic but it has to be a very unlucky coincidence that the 3rd replaced board also has that problem
Have you tested with basic components (processor+mobo+ram) outside of cabinet & lying on a non-conductive surface like some cardboard box/thick newspaper stack to rule out any shorting issue within cabinet?

Have you tested with basic components (processor+mobo+ram) outside of cabinet & lying on a non-conductive surface like some cardboard box/thick newspaper stack to rule out any shorting issue within cabinet?
Yes I have and it seems to be the same case.
But I think a new discovery is that while unplugged, the monitor shows check your cable but when plugged with igpu, it just stays off. Plugging or not plugging into the tv has the same result as signal not found

But I think a new discovery is that while unplugged, the monitor shows check your cable but when plugged with igpu, it just stays off. Plugging or not plugging into the tv has the same result as signal not found
Some monitors don't display "check your cable/no signal" as long as they detect a cable connected to their display input port whose other end is also connected to some display output port. I think the service centre ppl didn't fix your mobo. I suggest to get some cheap mobo anyway for testing/backup & see if this same issue repeat itself.

Is it possible to:
Try to boot m/b isolated from system chasis, placing on cardboard, etc., with minimum components required, i.e, w/o hdd, GPU, one slide of RAM, etc.
remove GPU, set Internal vs external GPU priority in system BIOS.
Along with that, any possibility to reduce screen resolution settings to minimum when connecting to iGPU, or login into MS Windows safe mode.
Or try booting with a Linux Live usb.

Last edited:
Yes I have and it seems to be the same case.
I've faced a similar issue back when I had an i7 970 and a 750ti pc. I had to keep the plug turned on for an hour and post that turn the pc on. After that it started working fine.
Turns out when I stop using the pc for a long time this issue starts occuring again. I had a zebronics 450w psu at the time so maybe it's a similar issue?

Some monitors don't display "check your cable/no signal" as long as they detect a cable connected to their display input port whose other end is also connected to some display output port. I think the service centre ppl didn't fix your mobo. I suggest to get some cheap mobo anyway for testing/backup & see if this same issue repeat itself.
Tried another motherboard , same issue so could likely be ram (my guess) as reseating it fixed the issue previously. But gave the pc to a repair guy to be sure. He said that the motherboard was dead but I'm pretty damn sure it wasn't, he said that he will install a new motherboard and the pc will be ready by tomorrow. Will update on the status

I've faced a similar issue back when I had an i7 970 and a 750ti pc. I had to keep the plug turned on for an hour and post that turn the pc on. After that it started working fine.
Turns out when I stop using the pc for a long time this issue starts occuring again. I had a zebronics 450w psu at the time so maybe it's a similar issue?
Sorry for the late reply . I had a bad smps before (iball) but now I have tested the system using three different psu (2 mine, 1 from shop) so I don't think that's an issue.
But just to be sure I turned it on for an hour but the problem was not fixed. Will update tomorrow after the repair guy returns it.

Is it possible to:
Try to boot m/b isolated from system chasis, placing on cardboard, etc., with minimum components required, i.e, w/o hdd, GPU, one slide of RAM, etc.
remove GPU, set Internal vs external GPU priority in system BIOS.
Along with that, any possibility to reduce screen resolution settings to minimum when connecting to iGPU, or login into MS Windows safe mode.
Or try booting with a Linux Live usb.
Nope. Already tried it and replied about it before. The screen does not post so no bios screen comes up. As such no options for booting shows up. I too at first thought to use the linux mint usb but to no avail.

Back