FS: Mobile Moto edge 30@11300

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been moderated and I don't know if OP has edited his post but as of now, I feel OP listing was completely clear. He did not post pics of box or charger or even cable. Listing should clearly say complete in box (CIB) and everything should be in pics. If there is any doubt buyer should clear his confusion before moving forward (caveat emptor). There was no cheating, confusion or manipulative word play here. Good on OP part in maintaining decorum.

I've seen laptops being sold here without charger not being listed with or without charger but all the laptops with a charger (original or third party) are explicitly stated as such. Which I'm perfectly fine with.

If I list an old iphone 6 with pics of phone only and don't write phone only or no accessories, will I be obligated to give original apple charger, box and headphones after sale?

It's the buyers responsibility to ask questions considering they are the one parting with their money and get clarity on what they're getting or not getting.
Or
If something is not shown / listed / mentioned , assume it's not there instead of assuming otherwise.

This thread has been moderated and I don't know if OP has edited his post but as of now, I feel OP listing was completely clear. He did not post pics of box or charger or even cable. Listing should clearly say complete in box (CIB) and everything should be in pics. If there is any doubt buyer should clear his confusion before moving forward (caveat emptor). There was no cheating, confusion or manipulative word play here. Good on OP part in maintaining decorum.

I've seen laptops being sold here without charger not being listed with or without charger but all the laptops with a charger (original or third party) are explicitly stated as such. Which I'm perfectly fine with.

If I list an old iphone 6 with pics of phone only and don't write phone only or no accessories, will I be obligated to give original apple charger, box and headphones after sale?
The post was edited just to update the price. Otherwise, there were no modifications.

Everything's buyer responsibility by default in this forum. How hard is it to mention mobile only in the sale thread like many others do. It'd make sense if the mobile didn't come with a charger like many do but this one does.
Product Name:
iPhone X 64GB Silver - running on IOS (14.3)*

Description if any
: Only Handset included as had imported this from US via a forum. It works flawlessly since I bought it in April this year. Also the battery serves well regardless being @82%.

Product Name:
iPhone 11 Pro MAX 512 GB (SILVER) running on IOS (14.2)*

Description if any
: Handset + Charging cable + Box Included with Extra case. Excellent condition and battery backup.

Product Name:
iPhone 12 Mini 64 GB (Red) running on IOS (14.3)*

Description if any
: Handset + Charging cable + Box Included with Extra case.

Product Name:
iPhone 15 Pro Max 256 GB Natural Titanium

Description if any: Handset + Charging cable + Box Included with Extra case

Product Name:
Google Pixel 8 Pro (Bay, 128 GB)
Expected Price: INR 85,000
Shipping charges
@actuals but prefer Local buyers only.
Manufacturer page URL: Google Pixel 8 Pro
Description if any
: Handset + Charging cable + Box Included with Extra case. Excellent condition

The phone comes with original box, 125 Watt charger and unused case provided by Motorola. I will also give one additional cover.

Bill, Box and charger included. Without charger you can do -200.

The phone is in pristine condition without any scratches, and comes with a box, free case, and original charger.

No charger or cable included.

Shipping - As per actuals. will prefer DTDC+ or whatever buyer prefers.

Everything's buyer responsibility by default in this forum. How hard is it to mention mobile only in the sale thread like many others do. It'd make sense if the mobile didn't come with a charger like many do but this one does.
How hard it would have been for buyer to ask if they are getting the original charger and cable too?. For seller it is obvious that a buyer would not be expecting it as it is not in his pics of what he is selling...

For buyer he would think it is obvious that since unboxing video shows it came with charger so buyer should ship it along.

But remember Lot of electronics come with many accessories too.
For example A Smartwatch can come with extra band and an action camera may come with extra battery.

But if pics does not show it and description does not mention it. Then obvious it is not part of the sale or not there.

Last edited:
How hard it would have been for buyer to ask if they are getting the original charger and cable too?. For seller it is obvious that a buyer would not be expecting it as it is not in his pics of what he is selling...

For buyer he would think it is obvious that since unboxing video shows it came with charger so buyer should ship it along.
Exactly this, if it comes with a charger then it's obviously expected unless mentioned otherwise
But remember Lot of electronics come with many accessories too.
For example A Smartwatch can come with extra band and an action camera may come with extra battery.

But if pics does not show it and description does not mention it. Then obvious it is not part of the sale or not there.
Why cause the confusion, there's so many other threads which mention clearly what they're getting. It's natural to expect something as basic as a charger, if the seller didn't have it or it wasn't working it should've been mentioned in the sale thread.

Pics clearly shows No charger or cable. Plus it was never mentioned that it is included either.
nah, its on the seller to clearly show whats on sale or not, not on the buyer who would safely assume that whatever product being sold is complete, same as like companies that need to clearly show this on their product page/tncs, otherwise its just begging to get scammed

EDIT: dunno about y'all, but I would stay clear of any second hand sale if i had to make it clear with the seller about everything that comes out of a product, its like selling a car but then you need to ask the owner if you will get the car keys too

Sales Trap - Don't Assume

When we assume things about something, we stop ourselves from learning more about them. If something is not in picture, it'll be never in the sale.

This is RESALE not usual business where you'll get everything as box pack.

@puns might be a rule change in order to clear up this ambiguity? something like all products need to be sold with everything that came out of the box unless specified otherwise? this would clear up a lot of ambiguity/confusion around here

Shouldn't everything be in pics or otherwise stated that this is also available. There are a lot of threads where all items are not in pics, I understand that e.g. box in storage or even a laptop charger being at work, etc., but it's always stated and if need be, pics will be provided. Nowhere did op show charger and cable or say it's part of the sale. Just looking at the thread I don't know why buyer did not simply ask and magically assume its complete in box. I look at this as a phone only thread and that's exactly what it was. OP was sort of bullied into providing a charger and luckily he had an equivalent spare. I personally don't expect any out of warranty sale to be complete in box unless explicitly stated. There is no cheating, hence no buyer protection needed here.

Now here the problem was a charger which was easy to solve but what if it's something else like say stickers, straps, covers, cables, headphones, etc. Buyer should be responsible enough to know what they are buying. I'm not including fraud and cheating cases here. Note - I've been here many years and always been a buyer never a seller.

And for the member here who pointed out other sale threads. In all of them it's clearly stated what is available and none of them had to write what's not available, I think cisco did it as a precaution and not the norm. Now coming to the car, all cars need exclusive keys but still your key analogy will only go so far, what if there are multiple keys, mats, car cover, radio, toolkit, spare tyre, etc. In today's world why would you even presume a phone will come with a charger.

This is RESALE not usual business where you'll get everything as box pack.
Absolutely.
selling a car but then you need to ask the owner if you will get the car keys too
I suppose the car can be used only with that set of keys. Whereas the phone can be used with another charger.
How hard it would have been for buyer to ask if they are getting the original charger and cable too?.
Absolutely. This is the first thing that came to my mind too. If the seller is being blamed for not mentioning in his post, the buyer is equally to be blamed for not inquiring.

Absolutely.

I suppose the car can be used only with that set of keys. Whereas the phone can be used with another charger
nope, you can get duplicates made quite easily but on hindsight that was not a good comparison, so let me rephrased it a little

suppose instead of a mobile it was a laptop with no charger, what would you have done in that case? now don't tell me that a laptops can't be charged with another adapter.

point is, if I'm gonna have to deal with bad faith deals all the time, then I'd rather stick with official retailers or a few scant olx deals where you can meet with the seller.

nope, you can get duplicates made quite easily but on hindsight that was not a good comparison, so let me rephrased it a little

suppose instead of a mobile it was a laptop with no charger, what would you have done in that case? now don't tell me that a laptops can't be charged with another adapter.

point is, if I'm gonna have to deal with bad faith deals all the time, then I'd rather stick with official retailers or a few scant olx deals where you can meet with the seller.
I would have asked and clarified it with the seller in case the charger is not visible in any pic or description. IMO it is not crystal-clear situation, but I think the assumptions from the seller side doesn't make sense here as it is not a brand-new product.

What surprised me about why mod asked to provide the charger here?
OP was sort of bullied into providing a charger and luckily he had an equivalent spare. I personally don't expect any out of warranty sale to be complete in box unless explicitly stated. There is no cheating, hence no buyer protection needed here.

I would have asked and clarified it with the seller in case the charger is not visible in any pic or description. IMO it is not crystal-clear situation, but I think the assumptions from the seller side doesn't make sense here as it is not a brand-new product.
If it were something like a sticker or even things like original packing, absolutely you are right, you need to get it cleared with the seller
but I think it's a safe assumption to make that you'll get atleast get all the working parts of a product despite it not being mentioned or that's just a bad faith deal

Most people here would know that an original laptop charger + power wire would be 1k or above. In that case I'm sure the buyer would've asked not seeing it in any of the pics or being mentioned. Which the seller would've then confirmed laptop only as in what you see is what you get. There's no matter of faith. Here the buyer neglected to ask and then cried foul.

I don't know what else transpired on this thread with the buyer that he was banned.

I have nothing more to add and will not post any further in this thread.

well I am really glad that lawmakers and mods here do not think like some peeps here in any case.

And if some peeps can't see how ironic it is that you expect the same courtesy from companies or even second hand seller markets like Spinny, server part deals etc etc and yet feel like you should be excused from it, then I don't know what to say.

it's like, "Rules for thee but not for me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back