Moto for a Nokia guy?

Rhiannon

Disciple
Heyz people,

I have been using nokia models for the past four years... Now being blessed with a 10,000 odd budget I am thinking of buying a new phone... People have suggested me to buy a moto l7...
Now being a nokia guy how easy is it to get used to (read like) the moto UI???
Does any sony-erricsson fit the bill?

se....w550i..will fit easily.......btw i m on razr v3i.........

sexy phone on looks.........byt ppl compare its sound with w550i...where it loses........

may b its price has fallen upto your budget..i bought it for 12.5k with bill....4 months bak

if you can extend your budget by 2k then buy a sony ericsson k750i

if you cannot extend your budget, if you don't need a 2 megapixel camera & if you can live without FM Radio then buy the Motorola SLVR L7.

ya for 10k w550i is good enough..... worth it i say... plus if ya into music.. then you can always convert from mp3 to mp4.. and carry loads of music in that 256mb internal storage.. :D...

if you can extend the budget then k750i.. but then you would have to spend some amount on the mem stick too.. .(eg 1 gbmem stick comes for 1300-1400 bucks)

happy shopping..

i guess sony goes with mem stick pro duo..and they cost twice wht u mentioned....i bought for mypsp for 4.85k...now i guess its ard 3k

ya you must have got the original.... the original sony mem stick duo pro .. at sony world was at 8k!! with 5 year warranty.. sandisk i think is a lot cheaper.. my friend got 2gb from singapore... i think his is also el cheapo only.. but what the hell if it works fine .. then no probs... :D

the problem is that most shops have the el cheapo sticks.. if it works great or else buy another one.. lol

I would rather sugget you to go for Samsung X700 available for around Rs. 9200/-. Secondly you also can try Motorola V3i by extending a budget a little bit. Motorola SLVR L7 has got only a VGA Camera. SE W550i does'nt has Memory Expansion Slot and the main problem with SE Phones is that you have to purchase Org. SONY Memory stick Pro/Duo which are quite costly as compared to SD/MMC Card supported by other Phones.

chicku..........u r right...but i would suggest go with san disc.......or sony if have moolah........but any other strict no......
btw where is topic creator?????

chicku..........u r right...but i would suggest go with san disc.......or sony if have moolah........but any other strict no......

btw where is topic creator?????

ithink only sony and sandisk provide mem sticks duo pro.. yes doesnt have any mem stick out yet..

hmm i think the 550i or the 750i would be better.. if he cannot extend the budget then 550i or else 750i(with 1k more)... way better then the 6630 re...

again that joystick issue!!

It is not that big of an issue..... it has just been blown out of proportion..... I dont have anything against SE....but the 6630 is also a very very good phone.

And since this guy is somewhat concerned abt how he will get used to the usage of the moto, I guess the 6630 would be the best as he would be comfortable with it from the start

Nikhil said:
k750i is not waaay better than 6630 ?? On what basis do you say that ??

hmmm.... can't say like that.

The only big advantage 6630 has is the symbian, faster processor.

where as k750i has better cam, awesome sound quality, the sleek size:p.

but i still feel that k750i is better than 6630 except for the symbian part and its really worth the extra 1k spent over the 6630.

and i dont know how many users have this joystick problem .

Have you heard the 6630 sound quality ?? It is amazing...... As good as the K750i..... hardly any difference between the two.

^^ Er isn't the 6630 mono ? Plus the 1.3 cam is no match for the k750i cam and for some people radio counts as well. Frankly 6630 is no match really :p

One of the senior members on TE repped me for the pics i took with my 750i and his comments were
maaan!!! i hate buying a 6630 now..
Though i won't post his name out here ............. ;)

lolz... coming back tht topic of the poor guy...

Dude take it for me.. if u had been using a non symbian Nokia phone, then u get a moto a Nokia symbian phone or a Sony phone... ull have to get used to the new UI...
So its not much of an issue...

In case u have used a symbian phone... then it would be very hard for u to like the moto UI, SE UI is however very simple..

thnx ppl for the views..... :hap2:

I rarely thought of the 6630... Thought it to be one of the grandpa's.... But I alwayz considered it to have a cheapo cam... :(

Never mind my budget is flexible.. Definitely can go upto 12k... So does the plan of a k750i then upgrade sound good to most of you??? :hap5:

Please add a 256 mb mem stick and gimme a tentative price in both the box and the grey market.... :D

ya the k750i would def be worth the buy..

its around 11.5k(With bill...i think)

and why 256mb?? you can easily get a 1gb for 1300 bucks.. if not get the 512 card atleast for around 800 bucks....

and also if possible get hold of the 800i earphones .. cost around 850 bucks.. they are worth it :D...

(i would only suggest the earphones and a higher capacity mem stick if your interested in listening to music, or wanna fill in a lot of games, apps etc etc)

Back