Moto G4 Launch on 17th May, to be Amazon India Exclusive

Thanks, here you go, kindly let me know in case of any queries.[DOUBLEPOST=1464201273][/DOUBLEPOST]
How does this compare with Moto x play? The 16GB version is available on flipkart for 15K + 10% cashback.
Hi, spec wise its a fantastic phone for that price, 21 mp camera, bigger battery, compass & NFC connectivity available. The only place where g4 plus wins is the ram and fingerprint sensor. Make your decision !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160524-221314.png
    Screenshot_20160524-221314.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20160525-102849.png
    Screenshot_20160525-102849.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20160525-231751.png
    Screenshot_20160525-231751.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
http://www.xda-developers.com/the-lenovo-moto-g4-signals-the-fall-of-a-kingdom/
So why is the Moto G4 a poor (or poorer) deal? The answer to this question lies in how the G series shaped up the market in the recent years. Other OEMs have stepped their game majorly, or exited out of the market quietly. You get a lot more options in the market right now, and several of them offer a better proposition in various areas.

If you are willing to settle for MediaTek, you get a vast array of Chinese devices with SoC’s ranging from the MT6753’s all the way to the Helio X10 (slightly outdated) and the Helio X20 (which MTK pits as a competitor to current flagship SoCs). If you do need a Snapdragon SoC, you can find several other phones in the market with the the Snapdragon 615, which is close to the Snapdragon 617 in performance. You can even get yesteryear flagship SoC’s like the Snapdragon 801 in this price range, which is still competitive for the starter level.

If you are still not content, you can find devices with the Snapdragon 650 and Snapdragon 652 within the price of the Moto G4. The 650 duo is second to none other than the 820-flagship SoC in terms of raw performance and thermal management, so you can get an unbeatable package while still being around the same price points.

And we haven’t even touched areas like a metallic body or a fingerprint sensor — areas that other devices have been forced to evolve into to keep up with the market trends.

The Moto G4 stands no chance of repeating any of its predecessors success, and a decent chunk of blame also goes onto the Moto G4 Plus. The G4 Plus has been given the preferred sibling treatment from Lenovo, bearing the improved camera setup (according to reviews so far) that other phones in the market may not be able to match. The very existence of the Moto G4 Plus spells doom for the Moto G4 — there remains little reason to buy the Moto G4 anymore. The price difference is a farce, as you do not get the same value out of the package.

The Moto G4 signals the fall of a kingdom: a kingdom built purely on the value to the consumer. The G4 can not size up to the success of its predecessors, and it definitely can not compete with the competition. The prospects are weak as of now, and they will only worsen as more and more phones are released with better specs and lower prices. Lenovo does need to seriously reconsider the pricing of the Moto G4 (and the Moto G4 Plus, by extension) if they wish to repeat the success that they tried to purchase.

Might be worth waiting for June 9th when the Moto Z Vector Thin and the slightly lower speced Moto Z Vertex are announced:
Moto Z Vertex:
This will presumably be the follow-up to the Moto X Play, and the phone is said to feature a 5.5-inch FHD AMOLED display, a 2.4Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa Core SoC, a choice of either 2GB RAM and 16GB of on-board storage or 3GB RAM and 32GB of on-board storage combinations, and a 16-megapixel rear camera with laser auto focus and phase detection auto focus. Due to it’s relatively thicker nature (7mm) it will include a 3,500mAh battery.

Thanks, here you go, kindly let me know in case of any queries.
Post battery life when battery is at 5-15%, click the graph and post the graphic that appears with the bars below, post the screen on time.

Finally mention whether your usage was wifi only, data only or mixed.

Hi, spec wise its a fantastic phone for that price, 21 mp camera, bigger battery, compass & NFC connectivity available. The only place where g4 plus wins is the ram and fingerprint sensor. Make your decision !
It's a difficult decision between this one and x play.

Hi usually dont let my phone batteries drain that much.

I could certainly post a graph with bars at around 40% (about 24 hours since last charge) if that helps. I would need your help though as to how I can get the graph and entire bars in the screen shot.

Battery and Temperature :- My phone is mostly connected to the internet through wifi at home and 4G outside.

It will NOT be successful. At least not as successful as its predecessors. Lenovo simply bought the brand and filled it with crap. 'nuff said.

Disclaimer : I am a satisfied user of moto G4 plus and in no way related to the company.

To me there is lot of negative vibes about this phone for no apparent reasons and hence this post.

For south of 15k there is NO phone that can give a complete balance of features that this phone gives. I personally won't touch a phone that goes on sale on a specific time on a specific day, the servicing of such products is usually a nightmare.

Certain negative reviews are downright silly.

How much is a g4 these days ? Why not the galaxy s6?
Got the sprint unlocked one for 20k on ebay top rated seller. BSNL 3G works perfect. But 4G won't be supported in india. But dad uses just wifi so no worries.[DOUBLEPOST=1464580985][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is the G4 waterproof?
it can survive a splash but no its not waterproof. But there's no decent phones under 20k

Last edited:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/06/09/motorola-releases-camera-tuning-modules-moto-g4-play-store/

Most phones require a few software tweaks after being released, which are delivered as OTA updates. One of the main things being improved is the camera performance, but Motorola won't have to do that with the new Moto G. There's a new "Camera tuner" app in the Play Store that can handle that in lieu of a full OTA.
As far as we can tell, this app doesn't have any user-facing settings or interface. The screenshots are just from the new Motorola camera app, which is a separate listing. According to the description, Motorola plans to push updates to the camera tuning via this app to improve color, sharpness, noise, and so on. This app will only work on the Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus ...

Back