Motorola Atrix or Samsung Galaxy S

darkraven

Disciple
Which one should i go for?(or should i cut my budget and settle with the defy)

Ill want to use the phone for a min. of 2 yrs and I expect the interface to be fluid,without any lag

p.s. What is a good buying(bid-winning) price for the atrix?

If you. Comfortable buying without warranty a motorola phone then go for Atrix. I do find Atrix better looking then photon, but the larger screen really helps in android phones esp considering your multimedia perspective

aka007 said:
It is cheaper than atrix as it is a cdma phone but globally unlocked. But sprint has locked the phone within US. So even if the phone is unlocked it cant be used in US. But if you unlock the phone it can be used in India without any problems.

So is it locked for gsm and cdma or just cdma? I think i've read somewhere that we could use the photon in India without any unlocking(for GSM)...

darkraven said:
So is it locked for gsm and cdma or just cdma? I think i've read somewhere that we could use the photon in India without any unlocking(for GSM)...

Photon 4G is Unlocked for GSM use outside of the US.... it currently supports ONLY voice. You can use any Pre-Paid GSM carrier SIM Card for Voice. There are some problems with APN settings for Data.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
what about the camera quality of atrix ?

has it change for good after GB upgrade ?

is there a scope by any means for the custom roms devs to fiddle with the camera settings or drivers to

create something good out of the muddy camera ?

plz guys.. me buying one within a day.. plz let me know..

is it even better than galaxy s (captivate) or worse ?

wat abt 720p video recording (is the 3gp mode hampering the quality of the same) ?

anyone helping out ?

Hi,
Photon 4g is unlocked for GSM all over the world but locked for CDMA in the US. If you are living in the US u need to have a sprint contract to buy the Photon . Photon 4g has teh same specs as that of the Atrix except that it has a 4.3'' screen and supports WIMAX.

i am atrix user since june 2011,

I would say go for photon,

you get newer hardware and cdma plus gsm and screen is same.

regarding photo quality,although i am not photography pro.,i did not find any majot difference between photo quality.

so my suggestion is go for photon and if you can find,grab motorola droid bionic.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if you are gsm user with no cdma inclination,then go for photon.

bionic is pure cdma and lte phone with no gsm components.

Motorola PHOTON 4G - 8GB - Black (Unlocked) | eBay

grab this.

349 plus 12 shipping with free plantronics bt headset.

Now the atrix can be found on ebay for ~350$ plus 20$(unlocking) + 1k shipping

and then photon being a cdma phone with a sim card slot(useless outside sprint network only in US) can be found for ~349$(just to indicate it can be found cheaper than atrix) + 1k shipping and i am not sure about unlocking. I though you need to pay for it as well but after reading the above comments i am not sure.

Photon

Pros

1: Bigger screen

2: better camera 8mp

3: comes with android 2.3 ( as that makes any difference)

4: cheaper ( a very minor difference)

Cons

1: No fingerprint reader

2: same number of pixels in a bigger screen ( that makes the display of atrix better)

3: less ppi screen than atrix. atrix has 276 ppi and photon has 256. (it makes the display of atrix more crisper)

4: camera recording doesn't have 1080p whereas atrix has 1080p via 2.3.4 upgrade

5: battery life not as good as atrix cause it has less batter power and it requires more battery consumption cause of the bigger screen.

For shipping use iccworld if you do not have an account with sns. Also i believe iccworld is cheaper as they charge only for shipping and customs whereas sns charges extra duty also.

Correct me if i am wrong

the camera gets better with the GB update.

are we going to see any substantial price-drops in the coming month or two for the photon/atrix/galaxy s...as the nexus prime,iphone 5 and other devices are going to be released into the market???

@darkraven : yes sir, it is unlocked for GSM worldwide !! :)....I think pixel density of atrix is more than the photon..Both have same resolution but dueto the high pixel density atrix's screen looks more bright....U wont get any warranty for both atrix and the photon as u r importing them from the US by bidding on ebay.com...

Back