Motorola DEFY XT and DEFY Mini launched in India

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Motorola DEFY XT and DEFY Mini launched in India

Motorola has launched two new devices in the highly successful DEFY series - Motorola DEFY XT and DEFY MINI . Just like the original motorola defy , these are water-resistant , scratch resistant and dust-proof .

motolarge.jpg

The Motorola DEFY XT runs Android Gingerbread 2.3 and packs a 3.7 inches display with FWVGA resolution , it is powered by a 1GHz processor with 512MB of RAM and 1GB onboard storage . It has a 5MP rear camera with autofocus and flash , VGA front camera is also present . It is powered by 1650 mAh battery that promises battery life of up to 9.5 hrs talktime and 20 days of standby time .

The DEFY MINI on the other hand is dual-SIM capable , it has a smaller 3.2 inch display with HVGA resolution . It also runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread . The processor is 600 MHz with 512MB of RAM and 512MB onboard storage . It has 3.15MP snapper with LED flash and VGA front camera . It also has 1650 mAh battery .

Motorola DEFY XT and Motorola DEFY MINI are the first Motorola handsets to come in with MotoSwitch UI.

"Our original Motorola DEFY was a hit all over Asia. We are now expanding our portfolio of water-resistant smartphones to give you more choices without having to break your wallet," said Rajan Chawla, country head (sales and operations), India, Motorola Mobility.

Motorola DEFY XT Features:
  • Android 2.3
  • 512MB RAM
  • 1GHz processor
  • 3.7-inch FWVGA display, capacitive touch and scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
  • 5MP auto focus camera with flash
  • Front VGA camera
  • Wifi , Bluetooth , GPS/AGPS
  • microSD card support (2GB microSD card included)
  • Water resistance and repellent and dust resistant, IP67 certified
  • 1650 mAh battery for up to 9.5 hours Talk Time and up to 20 days Standby Time

Motorola DEFY MINI Features:
  • dual-SIM
  • Android 2.3
  • 600MHz processor
  • 512MB RAM
  • 3.2-inch HVGA with capacitive touch with scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
  • 3MP camera with flash
  • Front VGA camera
  • Wifi , Bluetooth , GPS/AGPS
  • microSD card support (up to 32Gb) 2GB microSD card included
  • Water resistance and repellent and dust resistant, IP67 certified
  • 1650 mAh battery for up to 9.5 hours Talk Time and up to 20 days Standby Time

The DEFY XT will be available starting today be priced at Rs 16,190 . The DEFY MINI will start retailing from June 20 and cost Rs 11,490 .

Source

I am looking to upgrade from my Defy to a Defy with the following specs-
1. Atleast a 4 inch screen with ips/amoled display and a higher resolution
2. A 1 ghz dual core cpu
3. 1 GB ram
4. Atleast 8 gb internal storage
5. A massive 2000+ mAh battery from the droid razr maxx
6. The same tank military grade toughness and reliability
7. Better camera performance.

2. A 1 ghz dual core cpu
3. 1 GB ram

Am going to buy a purebread rugged basic rugged phone for my biking trips mate. Nothing seems to be on offer with smartphones. The market doesnt have enough demand.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

To be honest, doesn't have anything over Defy/+

+, it looks ugly(The XT model)

True that mate.

Hi TE members
i am new to this TE
i am planning to buy a smartphone around 15K
and i have done my home work and i some how feel defy xt is better one(wid a secondary cam and almost same battery and almost same pricing)when compared to other defys
But i have a small silly doubt
i would like to know whether the defy xt can be rooted?
whether it shall have an ics update in future?
anf finnaly when can i expect supports such as CM?

2. A 1 ghz dual core cpu
3. 1 GB ram

same i love that feature , but very disappointment and no proper better quality so it cannot update to android 4.0 :|

Back