Motorola Droid RAZR announced, 4.3 inch qHD, 1.2GHz dual core

Sanav3 said:
We need a sticky for explaining how the contract price works in USA ... :mad:

Amen to that!

Every time a new iPhone is announced, we see a new thread "OMG new iPhone X for 199 USD = Rs. 10,000 wonly? :O"

Now that several others have also begun retailing phones with contracts, this might be a good idea!

I am sure Motorola Droid RAZR will look stunning in hands. There's definitely no doubt about the build quality of the phone but see it has a competitor too. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Android Ice Cream Sandwich phone with somehow similar specs. Both the phones have dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 32GB expandable memory, and full HD video support. Where RAZR has 8MP cam, Galaxy Nexus users will have to satisfy themselves with 5MP camera. Screen size and resolution of Galaxy Nexus is more than of Droid RAZR. Motorola will have to promote their product real hard to get hold over the market because everybody was definitely waiting for the new Android OS version. In case RAZR can be upgraded to Android 4, it will be a show stealer.

^well Razr is really good in terms of specs & design. And also 8MP camera. The phone's design itself awesome. It is already a show stealer !

and XDA FTW. They will surely port ICS for Razr ;)

hey wait, a girl in TE ? :O

I think the 5mp camera in the nexus will do better than the 8mp in Razr..Cuz nexus prime cam has a bigger sensor + ICS optimizations..So my guess it ll produce better quality images..

Most Gingerbread devices will get the ICS update very soon!

:eek:fftopic: avi scared of girls :p but promotes Shraddha
avi said:
^well Razr is really good in terms of specs & design. And also 8MP camera. The phone's design itself awesome. It is already a show stealer !

and XDA FTW. They will surely port ICS for Razr ;)

hey wait, a girl in TE ? :O

And this is what customers should possibly expect out of a 30K smartphone unlike the super plasticky Samsung Galaxy series! :/

Well GS2 may be plasticky but it sure can beat Apple and its holy designS in a raw fight!
iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Drop Test - YouTube

XDA FTW. They will surely port ICS for Razr

Official motorola word - locked bootloader.
All those custom crap motorola has put in it --and will definitely charge an unnecessary premium for-- shouldn't be easy to remove, right?
Love the design though! Welcome back RAZR!

This week has been big for android. But I wouldn't get too excited for anything.
Galaxy nexus is good and all, but screen is way too big and just for the sake of 'product differentiation' they skipped on making it gorilla glass (like the nexus s).
Superhdamoled PAIN if it gets scratched!
Mediocre 5MP camera also stings in the behind and N9 weeps with its cool f/2.2 camera which noone pays attention to!

On ICS: Good impressions overall. Buttonless paradigm makes sense, although how it'll run on current buttoned and future small screen devices without affecting usability remains to be seen. Pales in comparison to iOS 5 (yes I'm in love with Siri!) and even mango in terms of breaking news, still One Droid to run them all is finally here so cheers to that!

Back