Motorola droid razr maxx or Sony Xperia S ?

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
Guys,

can you help me decide between these two ?

From the looks of it the Xperia S seems to be faster, got a higher resolution and a very good camera (not that i care). Whereas maxx got a badass battery. A bit confused on what to take ?

Out of the mentioned two, go for Xperia S, though razer maxx is not bad, there are many advantages over Razer such as,

High Res screen
Good camera
and motorola's service network isn't as good as sonys

My suggestion would be to go for the razr maxx. Battery life matters a lot on an android phone. There are going to be days when you will thank that massive battery !!
Motorola service is on par with sony here in India...both are average.

Cheers.

Razr maxxx it is. The other main advantage would be the Kevlar. Motorola phones are strong and sturdy. Ask any one using these big touch screens how delicate these phones are.

If battery life is all you care about, then Razr MAxx.
Otherwise Xperia S. It looks better, screen is much better, is faster, smoother and better UI, much better audio quality, camera is second to none in Android world and a whole lot more.

Maxx has got a really badass battery as OP mentioned. Will easily last 3 days. IMHO nothing beats that. No need to carry charger everywhere. Also, its got a SAMOLED with great colours. Maxx would be my choice.

razr maxx is ugly and doesnt offer anything "incredible" to make you choose it ahead of the sony xperia s.infact,i honestly feel that the xperia s has one of the best displays in the market.it is superbly built and the only con i can point out is the average battery life.[will last a day but don't expect more than that]

razr maxx is ugly and doesnt offer anything "incredible" to make you choose it ahead of the sony xperia s.infact,i honestly feel that the xperia s has one of the best displays in the market.it is superbly built and the only con i can point out is the average battery life.[will last a day but don't expect more than that]

Yep 3300 mAh battery + room for memory card expansion is nothing 'incredible' when compared to 1750mAh + 32GB memory with no room for expansion

Sony confirms Xperia S yellow display problem | Expert Reviews
Xperia S is display is great only if(and a big if at that) you get a good piece.
I would rather go with the Maxx. IMHO, no point in spending 28-30k on any of these phones when you can get GNexus for 23-24k with dealer warranty...

^
My good friend did you read the date of the article u just posted ? :)

3rd April 2012. It's 18th July 2012 today and the yellow tint issue has been solved since end April. So next time, please read a bit more before posting old articles.

Somebody please teach him the meaning of 'Dealer Warranty' :lol:
Dealer warranty from "Alfa" in Mumbai covers Death on Arrival or any mfg. defects for 10 days(a friend returned a Gnex which was restarting abnormally). Most phones are built well and no problems occur for the 1st year, that way official warranty is not much of a concern for Gnex. If you still want warranty, then buy one from google play at 350+20+10 USD all inclusive.

^
That is simply not true. The same could be said for all brands. Some may have bad experiences, that doesn't mean everyone will face the same. And I would have agreed to what you had said 3 years back. Sony Ericsson devices then were horrible unreliable. I myself had two phones going kaput within 1 year of purchase.

But since 2010 such issues have been resolved for good. Hazel, Elm onwards quality has been good. Xperia range especially is quite good in terms of reliability. I, and a lot of my friends have had Xperias since more than 2 years now and still no major issues whatsoever with any of them.

Back